enforce lottery team scamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobman3355, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +785
    In that case, there is no need for there to be a rule.

2. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    its more for other people not me i see them getting scammed all the time thinking 1. its enforced by server or 2. just being to trusting

#22 bobman3355, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  3. greg45865734

greg45865734 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +135
    Ok thanks.

4. knears2000

knears2000 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1,958
    Then that's a trust factor, then there would be no need for a rule. As well, oxwood pointed out that they're nearly impossible to enforce, given there's no definition.
    My ass. Wow, that's such a bad analogy. One, where am I taking someone's money, and "stealing" it? In the actual lottery, if I pay and win, I now took someone else's who played. So now I'm a scammer. Makes as much sense at 2+2=5.

#24 knears2000, Oct 9, 2014
  5. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    Your analogy was 10x worse and irrelevant.

This suggestion is when two people come together and say "you put in 100k, so will I, if either of us win we split the profits by 50-50". This is not a suggestion where "people put in money to a lottery and someone not me wins, so they're a scammer."

You are being rude and ridiculous for stupid and wrong reasons.

like and such as...?
    1. Can you please explain this further?
    2. What happens when a user goes offline after promising to do a trade or after someone pays them? how is it different?
    3. Then its their own fault and should be banned for being irresponsible, like someone would if they took out too many loans and couldn't pay it off.
    I would suggest a video recording would do the best in a situation, also make a definition of a lotto team. There's a definition of a melon sword, I'm sure staff can come together and create a definition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Not everyone can record. And it's not as isolated as hacking is. So basically there would be a whole bunch of people that are scammed, with no evidence, and they'll complain to us. "Why can't you do anything?" "We want lotto teaming banned" "Ban these scammers!" In essence it will just be more loose ends for us to go after, and more than likely, an excess of slander.

#26 oxwood2, Oct 9, 2014
  7. DrCreeperSlayer

DrCreeperSlayer Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    We don't need this garbage. Don't want to get scammed, do not play lotto. You are chancing it enough by playing. ECC does not need to cover every inch of your butt to avoid you from trusting the wrong people. Isn't this a HARDCORE economy? If you get scammed, earn it back. Bottom line; too bad.

8. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    If you have an agreed team agreed on and made before lottery draw and you scam on that I personally would consider that just as bad as loan scamming.

9. Naereniv11

Naereniv11 Builder

Ratings:
    +134
    I have personally never experienced this since I don't lotto much, but lottery is a game of chance and with chances are the risks. I would rather just recommend that if you want to make a "lotto team" either do it with a player you trust or just don't team.

10. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    "Don't trade, don't get scammed we dont need this GARBAGE!" I still struggle to see how any other scams are different
    Then tough luck to those who can't record. Basically it would just be recording so people can see the chat when you're making/or doing the lotto. I don't see how "isolation" is the issue.

11. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    That's quite a rude stance to take considering we want to keep players on the server. Saying something is illegal but being unable to punish for it is illogical. What I'm trying to say is that it would be wayyy too hard to keep a flat line with lotto scamming. Distribute punishments equally and such. Way too much effort for staff to keep track of all this stuff.

12. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    The first part was towards the other post and how rude it was

13. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I mean what you were replying to my post. "Tough luck?" That's a bad server stance. Especially if something is "illegal."

14. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    If someone doesn't have the means to post screenshots, do we make it impossible for everyone else to do so? No. So if they are unable to post a video, or screenshots, or whatever it ends up being then tough luck, because if other people have the means to do so then why not?

15. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I'm trying to say that it should be extremely easy for people to catch rule breakers. We want people who break rules to be punished. If it is video only then the people who scam can do it easily and without consequence.

16. AgentHare

AgentHare Builder

Ratings:
    +515
    If you want to punish people, and a video may be the only way to catch them, then it would make sense to try to at least ban the most you can.

17. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    Nvr mind.

#37 LRP85, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  18. LRP85

LRP85 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +77
    So it would be just like it is now, just with possibility of punishment? Cause as it stands people can do this to scam and nothing can happen to them at all.

19. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    This suggestion shouldn't happen. When you buy lotto tickets you are gambling your money and whoever wins should get to do whatever they wish with the money they won. As stated previously by someone in this this thread it would be the morally correct decision to return the money but again they don't have to. Also, you have to think about this from the moderators perspective. This would be very hard to enforce and would just waste the staff team's time.

20. DrCreeperSlayer

DrCreeperSlayer Builder

Ratings:
    +5
    The allegations that could be made . . .