Enderman Spawners Not Working

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Lopporit, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    Minecraft Username: CammyBunny

Brief Description: Placed enderman spawners in the mining world are not spawning endermen

Instructions: According to the Minecraft wiki, an enderman requires light level 0 and and an area at least 3 blocks high to spawn. I built a chamber that is 6 blocks high and totally dark, and the spawners are not activating at all. I provided them with end stone and regular stone to spawn on as well, with no luck.

How many times did you recreate this?: I've only placed 4 spawners so far, and have been waiting and tinkering with them for around an hour to get them to spawn

Result: Endermen aren't spawning at all

Expected Result: Endermen spawning

Evidence: I'm not going to post the coordinates to my setup publicly, if those are needed I'll be happy to provide them :)

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @ClarinetPhoenix please check this out.
    @Videowiz92 perhaps you can shed some light as well since you're the Minecraft pro lol. <3

PS: We have changed absolutely nothing related to spawners, nor has the spawner plugin had any updates in a very long time.
    This is either an incorrect setup, incorrect game play mechanics, a Paper bug or a Minecraft bug.

3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Your original setup.

Made a small change;
    They now spawn.

They're working fine, just incorrect setup. Mobs spawn at the level of the spawner, so my guess with Enderman being so tall(taller than most mobs) that space is required above the spawners to allow them to spawn.
    I tested this by making sure the ceiling was solid above the spawners, no spawns, as soon as I added 1 air block above, they spawn.

4. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +968
    Looks like that was a mistake ok my part then, thank you so much for taking the time to look into it <3

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Thanks a lot Clare! <3