Accepted End and Nether dimensions in Skyblock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheMightyGage, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMightyGage

TheMightyGage Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

I was wondering if you guys agree that these areas should reset more often. I think currently with the -5000 to 5000 area we are provided is too small for a player base which consistently has at least 40 players daily (when I'm on at least I don't know if that changes for people who actually sleep during the night). I propose that the nether resets 2 times a month and the end reset 1 time a month.

I also think that players shouldn't fly in the end. The nether is fine because you actually need to pay attention and that you can't fly the entire time if you're doing a nether run (like lava streaming down and ghasts and the fact that the nether has a ceiling (believe it or not). However, in the end you can soar for the entire time. The end is supposed to be a challenge, not an afk session. Minecraft made elytras for a reason ya know. I think that disabling flying in the end would force players to find and use elytras, making them actually worthwhile to find AND the fact that pvp is enabled in the end makes the area a much riskier area and also much more exciting. To prevent pvp logging, there should be a timer while in the end to tp anywhere, or in fact disable tping in the end. This would definitely attract newer players as everyone would have an equal ability.

Along with that, I think that rare crate keys should be added to loot chests in the end and nether. These loot keys could contain the best enchantments in the game, like a fire aspect 3 or looting 4 or efficiency 7 books. I think that any tool that has one of these enchantments should not be repairable (if you do it would go down to the regular max efficiency 5, looting 3, etc.) in order to keep the end loot desirable.

These are my suggestions, let me know what you guys think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Being reset once a month would be plenty. I actually thought it was this way, guess not? I’m all for regular resets of both the end and nether on SkyBlock. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    @TheMightyGage Would you like me to move this thread to the suggestions section of the forum where it will be more likely to receive attention?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. TheMightyGage

TheMightyGage Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, that would be fantastic. Also, if we could get a poll up for it too that would be amazing. I don't know how to do website forum stuff.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    They should already be resetting roughly once a month. I think they haven’t yet since the first month was essentially bug testing etc.

As for flying in the end, here’s my two bits:

In short, the end is essentially worthless for Skyblock, so why limit it more than it should.

In long, on the main server, flying in the end is disabled, but that’s because of chorus being a major cash crop (or used to be) and the blocks the end gives are worth a pretty penny. For Skyblock, chorus plants are worthless, purpur has an island value of one, end stone has a value of two, and the end has no ores or worthwhile mobs. I rarely know anyone who actually been to the end, apart from those who are there just to mine 64 end stone for a one-time challenge. Disabling flying will pretty much kill the end entirely.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We now have a much more efficient way to reset worlds.
    We won't be increasing the sizes of the worlds, however, I will do my best to reset the Mining, Nether & End worlds every month on the 1st. (For both the Main and SkyBlock servers)

We will not be disabling flying in the end world, I agree with what @Jdawger said above.

Marking this suggestion as accepted as we've now reset the SkyBlock Nether & End and will continue to do so regularly.

PS: Regarding loot chests/etc. I'll need a more detailed suggestion, in a separate thread as to what you are looking for if you still want to pursue this. Please try to keep one suggestion per suggestion thread as this way it will get more direct focus from us. Trying to follow one thread with a big list of suggestions just gets confusing and messy :p

#6 andrewkm, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.