Enclosed Monster Hunting Area

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BigDaddyD2536, Jun 12, 2011.

1. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    With the amount of effort trying to get 5 people to sign up to /hunt

What about designating a random area in the middle of no where with like, a very large square blockage area. It'll be enclosed so it's dark enough for monsters to spawn, and have like scattered torches to have minimal light.

Whenever it's time to do a /hunt, the first 5 to sign up will be TP'd to that area for the duration of the battle, and will be brought back to where they were originally before it started.

Not sure on the programming that'll go into this and even if this might be impossible but still a thought =P

Maybe also have that designated area of hunting have some terrain or premade houses so its just not one huge empty plot :mrgreen:

Win win for all players, those that don't want to participate don't have to, and those that want to can anytime the event starts. Could even reduce prizes of participants to I don't know, maybe Diamond Armor

Boots to last place
    Helm to 4th
    Leggings to 3rd
    Chest to 2nd
    Full set to 1st

OR! reward with diamonds but enough to make an armor set or two for the winner.

2. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    No worries, but for now what about reducing it from 5 to 3?

3. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Gah =[

Thought we upped the difficulty to higher than Peaceful for a reason, Monster Hunts are way too fun man aha, and night doesn't even exist for them to appear :(

4. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    i like it, but we should stick to the diamond prize. not the armor sets

5. BigDaddyD2536

BigDaddyD2536 Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    Diamond prize is a good idea to stay with, especially cause I feel most people(atleast for myself) use said winnings to improve my armor sets/weapons.

6. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I agree that hunts don't happen much.. Confuses me how so many people WANTED monsters, but now they only use them as a money source from mob traps. -.- Doesn't seem right.. I like hunts and night time, but I know that even if I sign up, it'll never happen. If it was reduced to 3 to sign up, then it would happen too often. We'll just have to hope thse huge influxes of members bring in more monster hunt-friendly players.

7. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I usually sign up, so it takes one less person to get it going... But we shouldn't have the kind of people who say either: "SIGN UP FOR THE HUNT" multiple times in different channels or "DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE HUNT" with vulgar language and malice.

We shouldn't have people either bully those into not doing the hunt, or spam those into doing it... It's quite annoying when people are bickering back and forth over something like a monster hunt >_>