EcoCityCraft Richest Players List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yesyea, Jul 24, 2011.

1. yesyea

yesyea Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    The subject of this topic pretty much sums it up. I think it would be really sweet to have a richest players on the server list. It could be on the website somewhere, so players could see how much money the richest people on the server have. It would give something for new players like myself to work towards, at the same time giving a bit of bragging rights to those who find themselves on this list. I also think that if such a ranking scheme were implemented, ops, admins, mods, etc. shouldn't be allowed on the list, as they have an unfair advantage with the /give commands and such available; and because their focus should be more on maintaining order, rather then possessing riches. Just throwing it out there, comments are appreciated!

Edit: this listing/leaderboard could also serve as a kind of "neighborhood watch" for common non-mod+ users to track hackers, If we see someone go to the top 25 in a day for example, they could be then investigated to see how they are getting so much money so fast. This would take a little work off the mods back, and keep the server safer from hackers/economy exploits.

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,483
    I like this suggestion actually, would be nice to know :p
    +rep for you

3. yesyea

yesyea Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Mission001! your the first person to ever give me rep :D

I had this idea ever since I seen the money system on this server, quite frankly i'm surprised someone hasn't thought of this before me...

4. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    I only want this because me and Syn right now are actually really really curious how much money the richest people have.

But I think it would be hard to always constantly be checking who has the most money to update the list, and for that reason, I know it won't happen.

And we can't spawn stuff, only Andrew (The owner) can. :p

5. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    if this list comes out, there will be people going

"DONATE TO ME UR RICH"

6. yesyea

yesyea Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    For that you could keep only say the top 25 on the list, so it isn't too hard to keep track, and maybe only update the list once daily? Sort of a top 25 leaderboard type thing.

I'm sure there's a way to have the list linked to the server and ever-changing, without any human having to constantly update it...but that would require some technical knowledge that I don't have!

7. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    If we can have a live map, I think we can have a live balance map :p

8. arb_67

arb_67 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    Also Andrew would be first the entire time :D