ECC Writer's Corner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Revanrose6, May 11, 2020.

1. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Welcome to the ECC Writer's Corner! After seeing how many people participated in the writing contest, I figured it would be nice to have a place where we can share stories/poems/etc we've written, prompts we enjoy, etc.

Rules: Any story submitted here must be PG-13. No excessive violence, no sexually explicit stories/poetry, etc. I would also request everyone be respectful to each other. These DO NOT have to be ECC specific stories/poetry, hence why it is in Off Topic.

What should I post here?: Links to google docs. If you want commentary make sure to allow comments on on your doc. You can also write some commentary here but, be constructive. I am not down for having to shut down this thread for being a flame war. You can also post random prompts ideas. I will make two spoiler sections one for prompts and one for stories submitted and by whom.

So, let the creative juices flow! Or if you have something you've already written and just want to see how everyone feels about it, share it, etc, feel free to post that here. If anyone has any suggestions on other things that could be added to the thread, feel free to let me know.

1. You wake up to find yourself in a new universe.
    2. He/she woke up in their bedroom to find the window/door bricked up.
    3. Describe a character musing on the “path not taken” in his/her life. As he or she ruminates on past choices, reveal a conflict that he or she is currently facing. Allow the rumination to lead them to some action or resolution of that current conflict.
    4. Describe a character who is the black sheep of a family, who has been excluded or abandoned because of something she/he did. Write from the point of view of the black sheep or the primary family member who excluded.
    5. Choose a photograph that you like (from a magazine, an old family photo or from the newspaper). Write a scene that occurs just before or just after the photo is taken between the photographer and someone in the photo. What truths of the moment are left out of the photo?
    6. Choose a famous tale (mythic, fairytale, Biblical or historical) and pick a moment that is usually left out or overlooked. Write the story of that moment.
    7. Write three diary entries in the journal of a mad person, someone who experiences a different reality than most people.
    8. Describe a scene in which someone is “caught in the act.” You decide just precisely what that phrase means.
    9. One nation under God, with levity and justice for all.
    10. By the time the police found him, metamorphosis had set in.
    11. My aunt's diabolic condition worries the family.
    12. After years of gentile persuasion your best friend since childhood finally agrees to seek professional help for serious mental problems. Much to your dismay, as she begins to improve you slowly start to realize that you are her imaginary friend.
    13. I stopped fighting my inner demons. We’re on the same side now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Revanrose6, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    #2 LaggyTryHard, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I don’t have a google doc of my stories, but once I am finished setting up my writers website, I’ll leave the address.

4. PlatinumPurple

PlatinumPurple Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +1,314
  5. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    So I guess I shall post what I've been working on.
    So I entered a writing contest a few months back here which placed top 4:

The City of Eco
    After his parents pass away in the dying countryside, a young man travels to the last great city on earth to find his calling in life.
    But upon arrival, he is thrown into a twisted web of deception and lies covering the city by its current administration, and trying to uncover the truth of what happened, he finds his past, present and future all intertwine with the great City of Eco and the quest for King Andrews crown.

---

So a certain individual pressured encouraged me to continue to story so I ended up making book 2 of the series.

The City of Eco
    After events unfolded in the first chapter, our hero continues to make his way through the mystery of the past. Our hero will meet past heroes and villains, but will he be able to join forces and take on the cruel mastermind that is The Grandmaster and rescue the City of Eco from his tyranny.

https://tinyurl.com/TheCityOfEco2

---

I am continuing the story as we speak and was just going to keep the story under wraps, but thought I should share it :)
    Enjoy.​