Duping Beds

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by AriusX, Oct 17, 2011.

1. AriusX

AriusX Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    This glitch requires 2 players. The first player lays down in a bed, the second destroys the bed. I'm not sure if the bed is destroyed from the head or the foot. As the bed is destroyed, the sleeping player snaps to a standing position. The sleeping player will then gain 2 beds in their inventory. Given the time consuming nature of this glitch, it hardly warrants any action, but it's still good to know.

2. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    Well, because of this bug, I think that beds should just be completely removed, like cacti. It really servers no purpose besides aesthetic looks.

3. dyl178

dyl178 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    i still like beds,no matter what,might decide to build a house out of beds one day.....

4. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I agree since there is a requirement to 100% of the server to be in beds to change the time to day its pointless

5. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Minecraft is meant to have a creative side. I want beds to stay in the game, as I use them for making a home feel like a home. Why should I not be allowed to make/place a bed, but still make tables, chairs, etc? If they can be duplicated, take them out of /sell. No one sells them, anyway. :/ And because it takes two players, I'm doubting people would duplicate them if they cannot sell them.

6. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    ^
    Sounds like it would take a couple minutes to do it right anyway, so spending several minutes to get $1.20 is not at all worth it.