[Discussion] Town Showcase and Visibility

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClarinetPhoenix, May 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +958
    I mostly agree with that sentiment, however I do know of a few cases where town warps are purchased for towns that are still private towns just so that those who have access can use the warp. I'm not sure how adding all the created warps to the GUI will be achieved but from a GA point of view, if it's tied to our command to set warps there could be another command to set a warp but skip adding it to the GUI, and add an option on town warp applications to specify whether they would like it done or not. I feel that would streamline the process and prevent an additional application from being necessary

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
    Alright guys, its been a quiet few weeks!

However we have not abandoned the project, just been working on it between everything else going on.
    I am pleased to announce we are on testing and demo stages for both the Town Warp GUI as well as the Town Pads. However before I proceed with launching I wanted to check in with you guys.

Its a little lengthy, but it basically goes over everything we have now, the ideas and certain decisions that are now. You are welcome to leave thoughts and questions!

Town Warps GUI:
    We currently are only uploading the config on MainSouth for quality/function testing, however Video has made a video (haha) on the GUI to show you guys all how it works.

Don't mind all your towns being "unspecified" right now. We will be doing a service for existing town warps to design their GUI slot once we are ready to launch this.
    This video is more or less so you guys can get a visual on how the sorting works.

-Sorting/Classing of towns will be added to the warp application
    -Fields for creating your own description will be added to the warp application. The exact logistics are still being worked out.
    -Owners is going by official owner, more for consistency sake. Its a bit much to ask for town sales/listed owners to be tracked. - You are welcome to indicate any other owners in your custom description.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Town Pad Towers:
    There is now a demonstration/mock setup in place for all of you to view.
    You can visit the town pad towers via /warp towns
    At /warp towns you will see a display board with warp signs, these signs will take you to the different sorted floors of town pads. You will also see they are color-coded to aid navigation.
    The floor I have set up as a full "mock" of how I'm looking to set this up is /warp plottowns1

/warp towns (yes its bare, it will be decorated soon)
    [​IMG]

Town Pad Floor example:
    [​IMG]
    -Each floor is color coded to aid navigation
    -Each floor will have a warp point, access via sign or command - the warp spot will greet you like above with the floor type and number.
    Example: /warp plottowns1, /warp farmtowns1
    -The easiest navigation will be warps, but there will also be means to move up and down the floors via lift signs and across the towers via bridges in-between them.
    There are 4 floor types to choose from:
    • Plot Towns
    • Farm Towns
    • Shop Towns
    • Scenic Builds
    -The idea is when you apply for a pad you pick which one you will be sorted into.

Town Pads:
    -Pad size is 11w x 11d x 12h (includes lowered floor)
    -Each pad will be equipped with a pillar made of your block of choice (likely will have a list of disallowed blocks) in the very center of the pad (consistent and uncomplicated).
    -We will allow the use of most cosmetic flags on the pads.
    -The pillar will be equipped with 4 warp signs (one on each side of the pillar)
    -The warp signs will be at eye-level.
    -Each pad will have signs indicated the floor #, the pad # and the townname, each corner of the pad will have these signs to aid navigation.
    -These, like portals/warps are permanent purchases unless you apply to have it removed.
    Town Pad Notation Example(I used plots as an example, the staff plot-town will not be getting a town pad):
    [​IMG]
    The idea for navigation is to be able to say "/warp plottowns1, Pad #2", but realistically you can just tell them the warp too. These towers are to provide a physical representation of your town to be explored.
    Town Pads will be their OWN application, as they are a rather different thing to the town warps gui.

ANYWAY, watch the video, visit the build, take a look and leave your thoughts. If we're good here I can begin the serious logistics of finalizing everything and building the apps for launch.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. TJanicki

TJanicki /warp monaco
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +162
    Looks great Clar! Excited to have convenient town navigation again

4. zjkhan

zjkhan Arridian Emperor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $917,943
    Ratings:
    +654
    Personally quite excited about this!

5. dred73

dred73 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +80
    This is amazing work. I feel like this might get my shop town a bit more traffic since I rarely post ads in Ch Trade because I don't have the fancy feature that lets you color code and BOLD font ads and stuff, so this is super cool. Also I have a plot town for new players that I don't advertise but this would help.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,473
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.