[Discussion Thread] Future of ECC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by killrdarknes, Sep 9, 2020.

1. killrdarknes

killrdarknes The Final Act
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $93,445
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    There's been a lot of dissent about where ECC is heading and the recent introduction of some features. As the last two threads have been locked pretty quickly, I'm seeking to make a thread where people can discuss their thoughts and ideas for ECC moving forward. I ask that this, or some sort of thread, is left open so that people can have an open dialogue. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I say RobloxCityCraft!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    Andrew I beg u don’t just lock and delete this listen to your community, not just to the sound of money. Ecc is crumbling apart because of the op tools Andrew. It will never 100% die because of the investors that will keep it running but the major part of the main playerbase who are and were enjoying ecc will be gone. Seriously, something needs to happen. I hope you will release this before it is too late

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I'm sorry EcoCityCraft is no longer enjoyable to certain players. I encourage you to find new sources of entertainment! All things come to an end, it's the friends you made along the way that matters. :D I for one have made many, and met some amazing people who actually saved my life IRL. I'll never forget/regret that.

Unfortunately I don't have all the answers when it comes to ECC as a Minecraft server and cannot nor know how to achieve unrealistic expectations.

We have some plans for the New Year and we'll see how it plays out. Cheers!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #4 andrewkm, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  5. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    I feel for those who are concerned on the current/future state of the economy and server as whole. I like some of the suggestions put forward, such as the "Featureless West", and I think the discussion on that post was very important. I think the changes to god keys/drops are a huge stepping stone to our future here. Although the effects from it could take time to really make a difference, the exp coming into the server will drastically decrease and therefore slowly bring back the star tool market in my opinion. Although this may take months or even years, it was a step in the right direction in my opinion. As stated by Fr0zen above, having an open dialogue is important. I understand there is a business side to things, and obviously money is needed for the survival/growth of the server, but I think we can do a better job as a community to support those who are unable to donate and make it possible for them to succeed in the economy as well. Personally, I love ECC(literally the reason I bought a minecraft account in the first place) and have played off and on over the past 8 years, and want nothing more than continued success for the server and community. I hope that we can get through these challenging times and come out stronger than ever before as a server and community. Thank you all for reading, I look forward to reading the input and ideas of others!

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thank you! Very well said. :)

7. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    I think that its clear that the "removal" of magic and ECC tools is impossible at this stage, andthat a constant pleading to do so isn't going to change anything at all. I think that andrewkm is lisitening to the complaints by members of ECC, but in the end a solution isn't going to come from pressing a button or modifying a few values. I think that the administration has to expiriment with larger, structural changes to the economy, weather that be something as simple as adding new tools or "taxing the rich", or looking into suggestions for new gamemodes.

So if you want change, you can either give input on fourms like this and let andrewkm and leafnova interpet it, or make your own detailed siggestion and post it. Either way, asking for a quick fix isn't going to help anyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    The problem is hyperinflation caused by OP magic tools. Introducing new tools isn't going to solve that, itd likely make it worse. The rich are already taxed via lotto, and new gamemodes won't help the inflation problem either. You weren't around in 2017-2018 when this exact same thing happened. Andrew made star tools purchasable (not ecc/magic) directly from the shop for USD. This directly caused the economy to completely tank and required the reset to the main/main north/main east system we have today. Economy wise, everyone started as builders with no tools, ranks, ECD, towns ect, losing everything they worked for for 5+ years. I think that completely removing god drops from the store and god crates is the only way to prevent this from happening again. To be clear, existing tools should not be destroyed. I would prefer to see ECD and EXP removed from the store as well as I want to see ECC be truly a hardcore economy again, but I don't believe in miracles.

9. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
    Thanks for being so cool about it Andrew. I understand that it’s just not possible to keep everybody happy at the same time. I’m looking forward to that new year thing I hope it’s not even more op stuff :p

#9 Fr0zenTiger, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  10. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    While I am not too active these days because of college again, it sucks to hear about the discord regarding ECC/Magic tools. While I agree these tools cannot be removed at this point (should've been suggested many months ago for minimal drawbacks), there should be ways of hopefully making them better. I'm going to stay pretty neutral with my points (although I might slightly fluctuate each direction):
    - I agree with the new direction putting God Keys directly on buycraft (although I disagree that they should be a part of the sale). I do, however, get 2018 buycraft star crate vibes from this, but hopefully it would not be that drastic
    - I am not against magic tools so long as they aren't massively flooded and have some restrictions. If I could suggest some for discussion:
    - Make the owner of the tool (/own) be the only person to repair it (https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/thre...on-ecc-magic-tool-tweaks.203173/#post-1087766)
    - Maybe go one step further in the future and make it so auto repairs don't work on the tools​
    - Make it that these tools cannot be transferred to other servers via /tb
    - Placeholder as I had some more and forgot​

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List