[Discussion] Rules Update: Automation on Skyblock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 314, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    I think the rules were worded fine before, but as Crow stated, people’s definition of AFK were different. The way the rule is stated now, can still confuse people...
    Even with the example some people might think their own finger is considered a “method to hold down or press a button”.

Personally I thought the rule was fine the way it was, but felt that the term AFK needed to be elaborated on. Just a short disclaimer saying something like “AFK means when you no longer have physical contact with your keyboard/mouse causing your character to stop that action”. Something to that effect. Doesn’t have to be worded the way I worded it, but just a point to get across that when your not physically pushing a button, your character should not be doing that action.

#21 Ladyvamptress, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    This is why @ajp79 is correct in that it is getting more and more confusing everyday.
    I actually do consider my own finger the use of a method to hold down or press a button. :p
    I am confident our staff will eventually work this out as they have done in the past when these "loopholes" have been brought to their attention.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I propose the following ->

AFK

AFK means "away from keyboard" and on ECC this is defined as when you cannot respond to chat but are still connected to the server. Going AFK on Skyblock is perfectly allowed. However, while you are AFK, you should generally not be performing any activities.

Automation

The following is NOT allowed under any circumstances:

• The use of any third-party modifications to the client (i.e. MacroMod, Autofish, hacked clients, etc.) to generate items, XP, or EcoDollars
    • The use of any external programs (i.e. autoclickers, AutoHotKey, macros)
    • Use of a physical means that is not your person to perform actions (i.e. taping your mouse button)
    • Any non-vanilla method not listed above that generates income, items, or XP in any way.

Hopefully this should clear up most of the confusion I've been seeing. If you see an issue with it, tag me and I'll try to fix it.

Disclaimer: This is mainly a grammatical/semantic update on the rules proposed by the SA team and does not align with my beliefs on these rules.

4. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    So in the end we are back to whether someone is responsive when logged on?

Unless on Skyblock where they shouldn’t be doing anything other then standing?

Again? Has this not been the case from the start?

5. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    This stems from someone putting a weight on one key while pressing other keys and actively talking in chat. Though it’s perfectly fine for the person to press the keys with their fingers, the one that was weighted down wasn’t allowed. When the rule was pointed out to this user, they argued that the rules says you can’t weight keys down if you’re AFK, however they weren’t AFK and infact was also pushing down buttons their self and talking in chat at the time the one key was being weighted down. Since the rule wasn’t worded right for that situation, they are trying to revise the rules to word things properly, basically cutting out a loophole.

#25 Ladyvamptress, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  6. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    I am in complete agreement with this. If we are going to say that something is not allowed we need to make it AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE. This means including a serverwide definition of AFK and what we are going to consider AFK, whether it is-

"AFK is when you are away from keyboard and cannot respond to chat."

or

"AFK is when you are physically NOT touching the keyboard even if you are still at the computer."

Something like the example above needs to be added to prevent further confusion within the rules. Something along the lines of what @Nicit6 said.

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I don't like this definition as it seems semi-confusing. After all, you can do many things without touching the keyboard. Fishing with normal controls doesn't require you to touch a keyboard. Sure, you could change "keyboard" to "control device" but that's making the rules needlessly complex.

8. crowfeather2001

crowfeather2001 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $640,397
    Ratings:
    +237
    I know this. But someone else said something like that and i was just giving an example

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.