[Discussion] How can we make building/town creating more worthwhile to a Modern ECC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jdawger, Feb 19, 2021.

1. MrJoeMaster13

MrJoeMaster13 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi read through this post and agree with pretty much everyone. Bottom line, I am an up and coming builder who wants ideas and places to build. So if there already is a group of people on the server who like to make buildings around/within 30x30 blocks please reach out to me and I would be happy to make a nice building as well :)

2. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +85
    For those of you who are passionate about building, may I suggest joining Cynderdale, the only building community on ECC that never stopped developing since archive. We have plenty of room for all of you and we are eager to see all of you express your creativity. If you are interested, visit our forum thread at tinyurl.com/Cynderdale and pm me to join our Discord.

#22 Ancastal, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. Ishanv

Ishanv King of Trivia
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +176
    I would definitely agree. Cynderdale looks amazing and would be great for a builder like you @MrJoeMaster13 !

4. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    I think we need a whole new class system. Ranks could remain the same as they are now for the sake of continuity. "Builder" class allows you to place blocks that others can't. "Miners" would be ones responsible for sourcing and feeding the market with items mined from the mining worlds. "Sellers" would be the only ones able to create chest shops and deal blocks to other players. - Etc. This would stimulate the economy by causing everyone to rely on the other ranks to help them advance. If you choose the "Seller" stream, you'd focus on prestige, or whatever to maximize your profits, but you'd have to hire Builders to design and build your shops and Miners to collect the materials the builders will need. If you choose the "Miner" class, you rank up to get better tools and mine faster, etc. (think mcmmo) but you need sellers to peddle your goods and Builders to buy 'em and build you a home base (unless you want to live in a cobblestone box forever) :) The "Builder" class would rank up to gain the ability to place more and more prestigious blocks. They get them from Sellers, who are supplied by Miners. Builders make money for builds (obviously), so there is still a hardcore economy aspect to each class, just a different focus - based on your personal preference.

Probably need some kind of woodcutter or gamekeeper or something too. Just thinking as I type here.

Too revolutionary?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    I love the idea. I’m imagining many people having a hard time seeing how this could work. Which IMO means you’re being creative and thinking out of the box.

Revolutionary and would require a lot of balancing and tweaking. Probably too much of an undertaking from what I’ve seen get implemented in the past.

But legit love this idea.

who knows though, I’ve seen crazier things happen and I’m not here to put words in peoples mouths. Let’s see what people think.

#25 NessXXIII, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  6. Dwite_

Dwite_ /warp lakewood
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +200
    I see what you guys are seeing, but I would love to see a return to a system we saw before where towns were much more influential to new players. Getting the $15,000 to get resident, and then the $85,000 to get mayor was not an easy task. Players were encouraged to join towns that sold plots for like 1k ECD, and then the new town residents were free to use things such as town farms, shops, etc.

I feel that the new changes coming up could bring a revival of towns, if there was something like a rank reset. Town owners could offer plots in their town in exchange for business at their town shops. Town owners are able to offer things such as tool repairs, and even a 'community chest' of sorts with just effV tools.

At the moment towns are not very functional, and generally only serve the purposes of farms, shops, and a place to showcase your builds. It all depends on how these new changes look, but I am excited to see how towns are transferred/thought about in the coming months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Okay, revolution aside, I also think that a common building project where dedicated builders could apply themselves in creative ways would be a good way to make building worthwhile in a new ECC. Something like a navigable cross-server waterway or a wall that stretches from one side of the map to the other - going through participating towns along the way. Parts of the wall could be shops while other parts are railway. People could live in sections of the wall. AND - we could make the Main-Norther's pay for it. ;) Just kidding about that part.

I've always wanted to be Mayor of a busy town with Builders/Residents in it. I was almost ready when the last reset happened and I had to start from scratch on Main City. I was heavily invested in real estate in Main when Main North came out and all the new players played over there. So it seems destined not to happen. :(