[Discussion] 1.9 - End/Aether Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JamieSinn, Aug 19, 2015.

1. HelixInsight

HelixInsight Surgeon
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,280
    Perhaps the solution would be to keep aether as is and introduce a new portal by removing the Parkour portal and replacing it with the end? And then create a smaller portal near the SG lobby? I do like the idea that @a18greek18 presented of two ranks but not restrict breaking of blocks; Explorer sounds cool. :)

#21 HelixInsight, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. GStoner3

GStoner3 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +364
    Watched the video, very interesting...

From what I am seeing , the original End (which is not presently accessible in ECC right now) has the Ender Dragon fight. The new End has a portal that opens AFTER defeating the Dragon. This new End has the new blocks, castles, warships, tree thing, etc.

I think it could be so many possibilities:
    • Old End is PvP and PvE. Dragon spawns (is this adjustable?) every hour. Exp is nerfed, but not eliminated (set up like Nether World)
    • New End is PvE only, no PvP (set up like Mining World)
    • Fly works in neither, Fly+ works in both
    • Access is purchased with an app and ECD
      • Rank A (Pilot?) for New End
      • Rank B (Captain?) for Old and New End

Making the Dragon Fight also PvP would make it a bit more difficult, sort of like The Walking Dead / 3 way battle. (You KNOW there will be teams to kill the Dragon, now imagine multiple teams that can all kill eachother)

I think the higher rank should be for both versions, the lower rank for the new one since the new End sounds very similar to the way our Mining is set up.

I also think that portals from Spawn would be better at keeping access the same as the rest of our worlds (and very similar administration OF that access for Staff, I'm guessing) as opposed to the Vanilla methods of access

This would boost sales in ECD (Pilot, Captain) and USD (Fly+)
    With the new blocks / plant(s?), there would be an increase in items sales in the Market
    Maybe Ender Dragon Kills medal (like Lotto Medal)?

3. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $10,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,869
    What I'd like to see is an occasional "Boss battle" for the (old) end in which an enderdragon is spawned in by Phys and players need to form teams to kill it. (Maybe announce it 5-10 minutes before so players can get their PvP equipment) and then give out a medal/prize to the winner who would also receive the nerfed amount of xp from the dragon (if it is possible to nerf it, else smaller win rewards since you get so much xp). Hourly spawning might be problematic tho - imagine nobody kills the dragon during offpeak. Unless if there is a check for a dragon in the end, it would spawn a new one every hour in addition to the existing one(s). Also, it would probably require additional code to create the spawner timer while a boss fight only needs the /spawnentity permission.

#23 314, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Bump.
    Need more ideas/feedback

5. mafhewm

mafhewm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    I like @314's Idea and @GStoner3, except for the hourly ender dragon spawn, seems too op.

6. GStoner3

GStoner3 President

Ratings:
    +364
    I was thinking that there should be a set time that the End Dragon respawns so that teams can get ready, and also enough times per 24 hours so that no geographic are left out. "every hour" is what I was remembering from when the End was invented *shrugs*

Heck, make it every 3 or 4 *shrugs* I just have no idea if the respawn time is adjustable

7. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Make it to every 1 week that the dragon spawns (assuming you can get its egg)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Imaginex

Imaginex Living in a Daydream
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $5,655,100
    Ratings:
    +1,244
    I like the idea of two different End worlds, and I like the idea of it being like the nether in that regard (PvP, Fly+ works, limited/no mobs). I'd say no to a timed enderdragon fight though, since that seems a little to complicated to set up.

Saying this, I myself hate PvP, since I'm awful at it. I would, of course, LOVE it if the end wasn't PvP, but I know there's a very slight chance of this happening. I believe that /v should work in the end, since that seems to be the only reason people go to the nether.

9. brandbauer

brandbauer ℬeacon ℒegend
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +798
    Do not reset aether monthly or all hell will break loose. That place has some old time memories that many people will never learn.

#29 brandbauer, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  10. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Please re read the post. We are not resetting aether.

11. brandbauer

brandbauer ℬeacon ℒegend

Ratings:
    +798

12. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $10,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,869
    @brandbauer, the reset is in the part about the end, not the aether - the aether would become free to access and polits/captains would get access to the monthly resetting end.

13. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя

Ratings:
    +2,132
    - Give aether and regular end to pilot ranks
    - Give the new end to captain ranks

Make regular end have a random PvE (enderdragon) thing just like the boss fights, with fly disabled for the time and people getting exp based off of damage and crystals destroyed, along with medals for the top 2 damage-dealers.

The problem with allowing access for everyone to the aether is that all hell would break loose; it is a grief free world, and based off the mining world and the wilds of the main world, there would be a ton of grief reports which would completely destroy the point of having an aether.

#33 12345shane, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    That's easily avoided by only allowing the ability to edit blocks in the aether to pilots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. sinder33

sinder33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
  16. physyy

physyy Retired ECC Owner
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,033
    I agree with Shane here. Grief in the aether would become a huge problem if everyone had free access. I like nicits idea if that's doable.

17. JamieSinn

Ratings:
    +4,588
    That's my desired result

#37 JamieSinn, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Not really. The aether was reset on November 9th 2013 so not really "old time", it's not even 2 years old. And few even use the aether. There's barely a point to keeping it, other than as a museum piece to showcase days gone by.

19. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    Make the current aether a separate server in the hub. Make it "creative", but not actual creative mode.

To elaborate on the "creative" part. Make it so any block you use costs a certain amount (a global price, so for every single block the same price), say buying a block costs $10. (sell price $10, too. So people don't pointlessly lose money when they buy too many blocks)
    And possibly make it so people can buy islands to be protected (price decided by size of island(s)). Making it a controlled building environment, while also taking money out of the economy.

No need for rank requirements or anything, because people should only be able to build in regions they're added to.

It's easy to implement, all that needs to be custom coded is a command for buying the items.

And for the end just do what's in the main post of this thread.

#39 kukelekuuk, Sep 9, 2015
  20. GStoner3

GStoner3 President

Ratings:
    +364
    If the idea of "All have access, rank for block breaking" goes through, I'd say leave Aether as is. From my own experience, why would I want to build something that very few people can see? The fact that Aether is a rank-only access area makes it not worth building there. Letting everyone have access, but must purchase (buy rank) the ability to break blocks would preserve the existing structure, but increase the interest / visitations.

I still love the rainbow bridge... ;)

Actually, if that idea was adopted, I'd probably build there quite a bit

*drools* no boundary building areas...

#40 GStoner3, Sep 9, 2015