Dirt-placing Bug

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Shmoogedy, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Shmoogedy

Shmoogedy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +59
    Minecraft Username:
    Shmoogedy

Brief Description:
    I'm placing dirt for my farm in rows and it lags both myself and people nearby when the row is directly surrounded on both sides by dirt as well. (see below)

The lag does not occur, however, when I place dirt in rows such as this one. (see below)

How many times did you recreate this?
    It happens every time. At first I thought it was just me but I had @killrdarknes try and the result was the same. We also discovered it lags users within a short proximity.

Result
    :
    Slight stuttering lag for every block placed, effects those nearby as well.

Expected Result:
    A more smooth and consistent dirt-placing experience.

2. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    If it's like:

It's likely due to a few reasons of either:
    1. You're in a complex chunk that takes longer than usual to load and breaking / placing blocks reloads the entire chunk creating said lag.
    2. Sometimes there's random lighting calculation lag due to the covering of blocks below when filling in a hole, even if no lighting is "there".
    Things that usually help solve this:
    1. Add more RAM available for MC to run on so chunk loading / lighting calculations run more smoothly. (Pm me if you need help doing that.)
    2. Turn biome blend as low as possible.

This happens to me a lot and mainly in skyblock when making a "ceiling" covering a large area below. It's rarely actually server-sided and almost always client-sided.

Note: It's still likely a client sided issue even if others around you experience the same chunk lag as in my test from before, ping never scaled with the fps drop.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
    #2 FwgKing, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Cannot reproduce this.
    It is likely your computer/specs.
    Try the tips provided by FwgKing above. :)

Server performance is fine. :p

#3 andrewkm, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019