1. AusRoona Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +55
    Minecraft Username:
    AusRoona
    Brief Description:
    When breaking ores on wall of town, some drops are bugging to the top of the wall.
    Instructions:
    *from what I gather using a b3 ore for extra drops, break an ore that has solid blocks behind, above and below.
    How many times did you recreate this?:
    multiple. video evidence for 2 recreations
    Result:
    raw drops glitch to surface
    Expected Result:
    Drops will remain in cavity left by broken ore.
    Evidence:

Additional info
    This issue started around the time skylexia's bug report fix was implemented (maybe it'll help, not really sure)

2. 314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    This behavior may be new when only using boosted ores. However, this has been happening for months when using boosted ores in combination with auto-pickup boosts (e.g. from a boost II raw copper) when your inventory is full.
    (I always assumed that ECC removes the vanilla drops and spawns new ones, which then get stuck in blocks and are forced to the surface.)

Also, just for the record, I have been able to reproduce this bug with a boost III iron ore or a boost III copper ore.
    It seems like as long as there is at least one solid block bordering the ore, there is a chance that some drops will be teleported up to the next air block or pushed out towards the sides.

#2 314, Jul 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
  3. Skylexia Redstone God
    Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $125,000
    Ratings:
    +750
    My observation of this glitch seems to be that if you break an ore that has a solid block on top, the extra drops specifically are what glitch upwards. (with only boosted ores, no auto-pickup used)

I always get what would be a normal drop no matter what, but then the bonus drops sorta "teleport" upwards to the next flat surface.

A quick workaround to this seems to be to break the block on top of the ore before you break it, then they will bounce out more than usually expected, but won't glitch upwards to the next available flat surface.

4. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Thanks for reporting.
    Likely some sort of ordering issue, we've added it to our development todo list.

5. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
  6. Skylexia Redstone God
    Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $125,000
    Ratings:
    +750
    On my mining run last night, this was functioning 100% better

7. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Better, or completely fixed?
    Very important to us lol.

8. Skylexia Redstone God

EcoDollars:
    $125,000
    Ratings:
    +750
    I do feel like the normal drop + bonus drop look a little bit more separate than they used to, but that could be me paying more attention to it than I did before the glitch.
    They don't bounce around like they did when they were glitched, and I can mine on the cielings again without the weird teleporting issue 100% of the time.
    So I'd call it 100% fixed, but just looks a tiny bit different than it did. Maybe @314 could chime in and tell me if I'm crazy for thinking it looks any different.

9. 314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    I'm not sure either. It does feel like the drops behave a little bit different than they used to, but I can't quite identify why.
    Either way, I would label this as "completely fixed".

I totally didn't promise Sky I'd reply here on Wednesday and then promptly forgot...

10. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Thanks guys, if you notice issues with the drops, do let me know again in this thread and we will revisit.
    Perhaps you were just used to the broken behavior before. If perhaps you're not getting enough drops though, that would be a big issue, so let me know if that happens.

#10 andrewkm, Aug 13, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2024