[Contract] - ArisenValley Ownership

Discussion in 'Denied Contracts Archive' started by ArisenBatman, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArisenBatman

ArisenBatman ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +232
    IGN:
    @ArisenBatman

Users Involved in this Contract:
    @Ellie27
    @Jffsprs
    @Ozzyblack21

General Purpose of Contract:
    The purpose of this contract is to define the full ownership rights of the town ArisenValley.

I (the contract initiator) agree to the following terms, and agree that my failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract, as outlined in Rule 3:
    As the original owner of ArisenValley (President Application: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/president-application.81130/#post-395605) I agree to the following:

After the town is reclaimed, I, ArisenBatman will gain full and sole ownership of the town. All items found under the protection of LWC's will be returned to the individual that created the lock. If those locks were created by Backwqrd/Evqnj, I will put those items aside in a locked chest and return those items to him if/when he returns to the server. As owner of the town upon reclamation, I will provide permissions in the town to the three individuals tagged within this contract; this is only permissions in the town as a member, not an owner.

The other user(s) involved with this contract must agree to the following terms:
    @Ellie27 @Jffsprs and @Ozzyblack21 must agree that they will not attempt to claim any ownership of ArisenValley, and offer sole ownership to me. Upon contract agreement, all other EcoCityCraft rules are to be considered in place (regarding griefing, stealing, etc). Users are agreeing to bring up any issues, questions, or concerns regarding the town after reclamation up with me.

I agree that the terms in this contract are subject to all of EcoCityCraft's rules, including the rules listed specifically in this forum. I understand that the contract may be affected by future changes in EcoCityCraft rules and server updates, and I accept that due to the possibility of such changes, this contract may be at my own risk. I understand that the contents of this contract are subject to staff assessment, review and approval before it is a binding contract under EcoCityCraft rules. I accept that action may not be taken in case of a breach of contract if appropriate and sufficient evidence is not provided of such.:
    Yes, I agree to the terms outlined in this contract.

2. Ellie27

Ellie27 ♛ Princess ♛
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +737
    IGN:
    @Ellie27

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    I agree.

#2 Ellie27, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  3. Jeffster_

Jeffster_ тнε мαη, тнε мүтн, тнε נεғғsтεя!
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +93
    IGN:
    @Jffsprs

I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:

I agree.

#3 Jeffster_, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Ozzyblack21

Ozzyblack21 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +12,431
    IGN:
    @Ozzyblack21

I agree.

5. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @ArisenBatman - There's a few unenforceable/uneeded provisions in this contract as follows:

There isn't much point in having a bunch of members of the town affirm your ownership by signing these contract terms. All this can lead to is problems down the road.

These provisions are largely unenforceable due to logblock limitations and such. You say that you're going to put aside Backwqrd's items in a separate chest and return them to him, but how do we enforce this over the long-run when logblock clears in a week or so? Same thing applies to the terms regarding other users as well. Not only that, but this should rather be more of a goodwill gesture, if anything. If you're willing add terms to your own contract that are unnecessarily disadvantageous yourself, you should be able to hold yourself to them without a binding agreement.

We can't enforce this provision either. When handling town claims, Admins don't check contracts regarding the town so there'd be no way to prevent a claim of your town by these users without remembering the contract beforehand. And when the town claim goes through and we only realize this contract afterwards, there'll be problems as we can't reverse town claims.

Overall, virtually all of this contract contains unenforcable/needless provisions. Players don't affirm ownership of towns they're only members of, promising players items in their LWCs is unenforcable and pointless, and we can't enforce agreements to not claim a town in the future. As such, I'll be denying this contract as there's no real purpose to it, that's allowed anyway.

Locked.

#5 UnitedStates2, Jul 13, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.