[Contract] 6 Share Investment

Discussion in 'Denied Contracts Archive' started by THCOOL, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,789
    @THCOOL
    While reviewing this contract with some other staff members, we discovered an issue with the payments to your shareholders. Considering that you can't necessarily prove that you're using someone's money to buy stocks, the deal is unenforceable as you could easily say that you used your personal money to purchase stocks. We will not be able to approve this contract unless you introduce fixed interest, where you guarantee some sort of profit, whether it be based on a percentage of the principle, or a flat-rate it doesn't really matter. We just wish to avoid approving a contract that allows what are essentially interest-free loans to exist.
    You'll also need to include timings for payments. For example these fixed interest payments could be 5% of the investment every seven days on a weekly basis for X amount of time, be sure that these aren't open ended payments.

I apologise for how complicated this has become, but it's a complicated deal and we want to make sure that all parties are guaranteed to stay on the right side of the law.

2. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
    Alright, to satisfy legal requirement needs as stated above... I will be adding this in:

- Agree to pay @Gmoneyman118 1% of his initial investment value ($60,000 so $600) which will be due at the end of every monthly pay period which will begin once the contract is approved. After a total of 5% profit has been made (so after 5 guarantee'd payment months), the guaranteed 1%/month shall be revoked and profit will now only be generated solely from the stock market.

Will this work?

3. eekelmo

eekelmo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,789
    This change will mean that interest-free loans are no longer possible as there's guaranteed profit, so yes it will work, thank you very much. A re-sign will be needed, then odds are this will be approved.

4. THCOOL

THCOOL SolarNation Founder and Ex-smod
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +781
  5. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    IGN:
    @DeMacca
    I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:Yes

6. DeMacca

DeMacca Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +326
    IGN:
    @DeMacca
    I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:Yes

(Was edited)

7. gcoleman118

gcoleman118 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    IGN:
    @Gmoneyman118
    I, as another party to this contract, agree to the terms laid out for me to uphold, and understand that failure to complete such terms will result in a breach of contract:
    Yes

#27 gcoleman118, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  8. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @THCOOL

You didn't full comply with our request. We'll need you to do purely fixed interest which means there cannot be clauses that still offer interest based on profit.

Not just that, but you and @DeMacca also have the same duties/obligations in the contract. We'll need you guys to have separate duties/obligations as we'll have no idea who does what, which makes this contract extremely difficult to enforce.

#28 UnitedStates2, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Locked per request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.