[complaint] Sios, evilsonic13

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by gmanburgers, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmanburgers

gmanburgers Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so an auction happened, and the winner decided not to pay so Sios said ill bid, (it was for 7 diamond btw) so he bid 300,
    i bid 305, he bid 325, i bid 350 he bid 351 i bid 352, evildead goes once twice and then sios says, "Screw off I called dibs," so evildead agreed to sell Sios the diamonds, when i was the winner. And then he said that he was gonna buy them off of him anyways, so i said why not use /tr? and Sios said, because /auc grabs more attention.
    something needs to be done about people doing this, like using /auc as /tr, or /tr as /auc
    (yes i know theres a rule about using /tr to announce /auc but when youre using /tr as the whole auction, seriously)

2. gumland44

gumland44 Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, cmon, dont be a smart***. It's just a game. Sometimes people dont follow the rules. I mean, this doesnt even deserve a jail. Sios is a pretty good person, he just sometimes breaks the rules. Besides, i dont remember a rule about trades bieng in the auction section. (atleast not obviosly stated)Sometimes people make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. I wish I could downvote...

3. Sios

Sios Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    Okay, if you'd like - I'll actually tell the entire story that you left you. :]

An auction went up for 7 Diamonds, starting at $300.

Randomcola [Oh, did you not forget this gman?] bidded up to $450 for the Diamonds, outbidding everyone else.
    Randomcola then decides not to meet with evilsonic13 because he cba'd to go to spawn to buy the Diamonds.

Because I was bidding earlier against randomcola, I asked evilsonic13 in auction if he was interested in selling them to me because I was at spawn already. I was still in /auc chat just because that's where he left off and there was also the issue of a ton of [G] chat coming up that made it almost indistinguishable from seeing an individual's chat. /auc was able to at least bring it up and it was in the channel I was last at, since I was bidding for the diamonds prior.

Evilsonic13 agrees, although I offered $300. He tries to bump the price to $350 and gman says, "Yes."
    At that point I'm assuming evilsonic13 got somewhat confused and took it as another auction, to which I ended up taking the $350 offered to me earlier and paid him.

I tell Evilsonic13 to go into spawn and told gman to "Gtfo" because I was already at spawn and this offer was offered to me. I do fully realize the mistake both I and evilsonic13 did by typing in Auction Chat but it wasn't intentional for being a FFA [Free For All] auction.

//Edit:

For future references gmanburgers, please do not file complaints that are against individual mistakes. The only thing you will accomplish would be me being punished, which I will accept accordingly, and the depletion of andrew's time to check such complaints that don't amount to such a large issue.

My guess is that you're just perturbed by the fact that I was offered the price and not you. If you'd like to solve this civily, I'd prefer if you /tell or /w Sios. That way we can deal with the issue without the need of an authorative figure. I mean, we both don't want to be a pain to andrew now do we? [Over such an iota issue as well?]

4. gmanburgers

gmanburgers Builder

Ratings:
    +0
    if youre going to discuss a trade. go to /tr, (you know the part i complained about, you can distinguish the it from [G] chat too yaknow.)

5. SafieKyo

SafieKyo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solver, sell him 3 diamonds at the price you got the 7.

$350/7= $50 per diamond

$50*3= $150

$150 for 3 diamonds

I think it's fair.

Though the GTFO was a little rude, it was a mixup that could happen to anyone.

6. Sios

Sios Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    To which I'd reply -

Please note the emphasis on the bold tags.

//Edit:

Also, I apologize for being so rude earlier. I was caught up in some adrenaline rush and I just came back from work. I was also already infuriated with the bids that randomcola did and not keeping his end of the bargain to it, so I wanted [emphasis on wanted] it.

7. achummer

achummer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    y do u act so rude to me sios?

8. Sios

Sios Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    If you'd like to know, three things can happen.

1) You can take this to Private Message with me via forums. Click [​IMG] to Private Mssage me.

2) Create a [​IMG] discussing how I treat you and other players, leaving it for open discussion and comments.

3) Type /tell Sios ingame and discuss to me about this.

For Options 1 and 2, please confront me ingame to bring either PM or Thread to my acknowledgement.

Thank you.

P.S. - All images contained in my post are clickable.

//Edit:

Reason: Fixing BB Codes.

9. achummer

achummer Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
  10. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    <3 buttons

11. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    <3 Clickable buttons

12. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    50 per diamond is WAY too low
    Its only the "average price" or "base line" because a lot of the old members sell it for that because they are used to it =/
    But ask yourself, is 5 inron ingots the same as a diamond? no it isnt, it isnt even close
    People can find 5 iron in maybe 5 minutes, people find only around 5 diamonds a day.
    If diamonds never got removed from /sell, then they would of probobly got raised to 150, and I think thats an ok price for diamonds, although a bit too low.
    When I sell diamonds, my base line is 100 each, and I say to my self "Man, this is way to cheap. Why cant the users understand they're worth more"

This isnt anything related to the topic, but I thought I'd let that out :l

13. Sios

Sios Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Related to your unrelated post, regarding prices of diamonds.

I have no stand in my price being justified but I'd like to point out EcoCity's Weapon's Store that sells a Diamond Sword for $100 EcoDollars. This sets the price to at roughly $50 per Diamonds since a Diamond Sword requires 2 Diamonds.

14. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder

Ratings:
    +27
    ^
    True

Meh, tired of these complaints about auctions.

15. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    Shouldnt be in the store, as you cant sell it back to server
    But baseline of 50 is WAY WAY too cheap. It has to be 100 ATLEAST, but I think a nice price would be 150. People are being way too cheap here.

16. Sios

Sios Builder

Ratings:
    +13
    Agreed. I came into the server seeing Diamonds at $70 each. I guess with more Diamonds introduced into the Economy, the cheaper it becomes - Those Adventure Hunts for Diamonds are a great way to remove the Diamonds from the economy to inflate the price of Diamond.

Also, done reply back regarding on Diamonds. I'm getting off topic now. ;P

17. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  18. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    ...I see no point in keeping this up, locking...

And yes, auctions we can't really do anything, and like Sios said, might as well just pm him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.