Citizens Against...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by welikeike22, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    This topic is for the discussion of an idea our admin came up with, to use GLOWSTONE, an extremely valuable and useful item, used for light in places from underground, to underwater, to as streetlights, as nothing more than a Currency. This would extremely restrict the usage of it, as his proposition is that one Glowstone DUST has a value of around two million dollars. That would mean that, instead, you have to spend 18 million dollars to get one block of glowstone!

I offer a counter suggestion. Why not, instead, use slime balls as this rare currency? Slime balls have no current use, and are unable to obtain on the server, because the nether does not exist. This would allow for the citizens who wish to use glow stone to not have to rant about how over-priced it is, because it is probably the best and most useful item when it comes to light. it can be used to make streetlights, underwater lighting(for, say, a submarine pen), and can even be hooked up to redstone!

We can discuss this further in this topic. What do you guys think?

2. snowshovel

snowshovel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    I kind of like the use of Glowstone as currency, it could be like rare, discontinued coins, or something very valuable that only rich people can afford!

3. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    I myself have never run into a Slime, ever. In addition, the server has mobs set to off in the first place, So why would we need to worry? Haha.

4. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I

The slime balls are a good idea, except can't people throw them? Like snowballs? That's like wasting precious money o.o

5. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    But why? Glowstone is one of the most useful bricks on the server, And people wont be complaining about the fact that you've limited an extremely useful brick to be used only by extremely rich members like kraken(who i havent seen in awhile) or paranoid.

1. Glowstone can be used underwater
    2. It is its own brick
    3. It provides the most light of all
    4. It can be used as design tools
    5. it can be used in streetlights

Vs Slimeballs

1. You can throw it.

In addition, even if you accidently DID throw your slimeball, it would be your fault for throwing it, and losing it, as it is with every other item. By not choosing glowstone, you won't have me, or numerous other people, complaining for a long time about how you've, as i said before, limited an extremely useful object to the extremely rich.

The only reason you've really given us for your usage of glowstone, which many people want, not a super rare currency, but as a normal, purchasable item, is that it looks like a "pile of money" in whatever skin your using. No offense, but i just find it somewhat annoying that you're being somewhat stubborn on this. Alot of people dont want it as a rare currency. We, including myself, love the idea, just not the idea of using Glowstone for it.

6. snowshovel

snowshovel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Guys, stop complaining about it please D:

My reasons:
    1. This server didnt have Glowstone before AT ALL, so whats so bad about having it at a huge price now? It could be a goal and your could strive for it as a sign of wealth!
    2. Jack o' Lanterns: Just as much light as Glowstone, works underwater as well, and it doesnt cost much!
    3. Jack o' Lanterns may look ugly, so just edit your texture pack to make the Jack o' Lantern look the same as Glowstone!
    4. "Other people will still see my ugly Jack o' Lantern" Thats nice :) As Ike said:

Or in this case, the fault of the person criticizing your house's fault :D

So please stop complaining guys, unless you have something BETTER than Glowstone to suggest :D

7. Michaelwm

Michaelwm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +28
    I agree with snow. theres no point of complaining. jack-o-lanterns are the exact same thing based on funstions, and if you dont like how it looks, like snow said, edit your texture pack. And who doesnt wanna see creepers face's anyways? SssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssBOOM!

8. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I could use lanterns, and just put them in far corners, in the ground, so I don't have to see how ugly they are [:

9. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    Whatever. Since i apparently don't have a say in this, nor does my opinion matter any longer, I'll atleast be able to say i went down with a fight against this whole waste of glowstone.

:]

10. snowshovel

snowshovel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Exactly my point ^

11. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin

Ratings:
    +987
    Multiple people, myself included, have been asking for glowstone since the server went public...

12. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I asked for it that one time, forgetting you were gonna make a currency out of it, haha [:

13. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    lavvaaaa.

14. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  15. snowshovel

snowshovel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol'd at the two posts above me :D

16. Rezonl

Rezonl Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    lava provides light and is unatainable. It can be placed underwater. Also has the added feature of being able to flow + create fires.

17. snowshovel

snowshovel Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    It can be placed underwater, but does not provide light when underwater

18. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Woah, a poll?

Amazing idea [:

19. Salag

Salag Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Why do you want a super rare currancy in the first place since you already have the build in money system in which there is no chance of dropping it.

The other thing you'd have to think about is what happens if you fall into lava or something?

20. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha. Ha. Ha. <3

You'd need to put it in a chest [:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.