~*~ Christmas Skin Competition ~*~

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by OlympiansAreGods, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    [Graphics]​

Hey everyone! Y'all better get your snazzy costumes on for this year's Christmas Skin Contest! This year, we're doing it a little different!

To enter, you must:
    • Be wearing a christmas skin (Can be as traditional or as creative as you like!)
    • Take a screenshot of your minecraft character in-game, with a Christmas Themed background behind!
    • Fill out the short application and reply to this thread!
    The competition will run from today (20th) until the 28th, where it will then go into the voting stage!

~*~ PRIZES ~*~
    1st place: $20 Giftcard
    2nd place: 75,000 ECD
    3rd place: 50,000 ECD

APPLICATION:

IGN:
    Screenshot of your christmas Skin with background:
    Why did you choose that skin/background?:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 OlympiansAreGods, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    IGN: Chundi_Jr
    Why did you choose that skin/background?: This is the Christmas skin I use EVERY year and I love my reindeer booties more than life itself. The background is the tree I built to put my friends Christmas gifts under in my town! :)

#2 Chundi_Jr, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    [​IMG]

IGN:
    Jdawger

See above

I chose the skin because it is a custom version of my main skin that I created in 2014 or 2015. I wear it every month of December.

The background is also one I created. It is the old Christmas Town of ECCMuseum (/warp eccmusem in archive) where the Secret Santa of 2017 occurred. This is still one of my favorite builds on this server and features Santa's Workshop, the giant Christmas Tree with names/presents of everyone who participated last year, snow globe, the couple's igloo, etc.

4. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +992
    IGN: Austinnnnnn
    [​IMG]
    Why did you choose that skin/background?: The skin is a combination of 3 others that I've used a tweaked in the past. There are many small details which I like. The background is cool cause it's got the little cozy shacks and the mountains combined with shaders makes everything look :cool::cool:

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Potato x 1
    • List
  5. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    IGN : xMysto_
    Screenshot of your christmas Skin with background :

Why did you choose that skin/background? : This is ECC's spawn. I chose this background because this location has been with ECC since the beginning, and has been nicely decorated with the Christmas theme. I created this skin to have a christmas hat and hoodie that is significant to Christmas.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #5 1aughter, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  6. AllThingsGo

AllThingsGo Chun-Li Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +703
    IGN: Trey_B

Screenshot of your christmas Skin with background :

Why did you choose that skin/background: The skin I choose is of the Nut-Cracker, one of the most widely recognized symbols of Christmas/winter time. The legend says that a nutcracker represents power and strength and serves like a trusty watch dog guarding your family from evil spirits and danger, while being a traditional messenger of fortune and good will. I chose the Nut Cracker not only because of its decorative elements, but I believe it also represents qualities of myself: strong, protective, and selfless and yearns for good karma.

I chose the background because nutcrackers are typically toys given at Christmas time - what a better place to put a NutCracker than between two presents under a colorful christmas tree?! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #6 AllThingsGo, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  7. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    IGN: Xboyfernz
    Why did you choose that skin/background?: I chose it because it was the only screenshot of a Christmas skin in my documents I could find and the background is of a ice build @GeorgiaMC was doing on the main server a year ago. I felt the exquisite building pattern of this had to be the background of my entry as it captures the theme of winter and Christmas perfectly.

8. Bangpopfizz

Bangpopfizz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +106
    IGN: Bangpopfizz
    Screenshot of your Christmas Skin with background: [​IMG]

Why did you choose that skin/background?: This Christmas skin is a minecraft rendition of my TF2 Holiday loadout of the Heavy made by me, it is an overlay over a normal Pootis Bird skin i got from the internet :3

The background i chose was the christmas 2018 secret santa warp, I thought it was very pretty and paired well with my skin.

#8 Bangpopfizz, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  9. Dricaval

Dricaval Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN: Dricaval
    Screenshot of your Christmas Skin with background:

The reason I choose Jesus as my skin is because his birth is the original reason for why we are celebrating Christmas. And since I wanted to make my character fly up so I could make a better screenshot of the background I thought it would be more logical to have Jesus levitate off the ground instead of a big, fat, old man (Santa) who would probably just fall down even if he was able to levitate. XD

The Background:
    Since I used Jesus as my skin I wanted to make the background a bit more modern so I went for a house that should symbolize Santas house on the north pole. If you look close enough on the bottom right side of the entrance to the castle you can see an eight-legged Christmas-elf. :D Apart from all that the colors on the house should symbolize the colors of Christmas

hope you like it yall
    merry christmas

10. alpert3925

alpert3925 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,086
    IGN:alpert3925
    Why did you choose that skin/background?: this is the skin I always wear and I am literally Santa doesn't get much Christmas than that. Im also wearing a nether star on my head like the star on top of the tree!

11. yavanna12

yavanna12 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +26
    IGN: Yavanna12

This is the North Pole and I am Mrs. Clause. I chose this background because it's where I live while my hubby is off getting fat on cookies and milk. I stay thin from shivering waiting for him to return home to warm me up.

#11 yavanna12, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  12. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +204
    IGN: KiwiAngelTwist

The skin is my normal skin customized. I like being the girl with the rainbow hair and colorful eyes. I added a scarf because I love scarves in real life; I wear one every day it's cold! The mittens fit the theme too ;) The background is in the winter section of my town, RainbowPark. I love the buildings and the Christmas tree, much of which was designed by my daughter, Crow_feather! She did a wonderful job building Angel Bakery, my cake shop dedicated to my friend RyanJayOlson. It's a beautiful place and will be a wonderful park when it is complete!

13. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Sorry everyone, family plans made it impossible for me to close the competition yesterday. I'll be moving the competition to the next stage shortly.

@KiwiAngelTwist Unfortunately, as you entered on the 29th, I cannot let you be in the running for the prizes. Apologies, I hope you understand :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.