Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scopersniper, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Scopersniper

Scopersniper Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    With the need of players for ECC, I think it is unwise to have a system in place where it is easier for people to get banned. Obviously, these rules are not up for debate, so I come offering a compromise: a Chat Filter. This would make it so that people would actively have to try to evade the filter to get banned, and also make the moderators job easier. The plugin I suggest is https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/chatcontrol.271/ . It can be edited to fit the servers rules, among other things. It can filter ads, spam, swearing, and whatever you set it to filter. This would keep new players from getting banned if they don't read the rules, and help dispel any confusion of what is allowed and isn't allowed.

2. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    I like the idea because it makes advertising nearly impossible, and blocks out a lot of bad things that aren't needed in the chat. However, there does need to be some modifications to fit our rules. Probably the first thing that should be removed is the anti-spam. Delays and blocking similar messages really annoys me, so that's something I'd like to see removed.

3. 1aughter

1aughter Oɾαɳɠҽ GαɱҽAԃɱιɳ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,763
    Nice idea. The spams and some coarse language isn't needed (in ECC). However, from my experience with "some other servers," some things you write is not allowed even though there is nothing bad about it (wrongly censored), especially if u add periods. . <------

4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    chat filters never work right they are annoying this has been suggested many times -1000