Accepted Changes to people buying money from the forums.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matrix_rep, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,450
    Ign: Matrix_rep
    Suggestion: Make changes to the people buying money on the forums.

Reason:
    I really think it has screwed up the economy, and I think you should nerf the money bought on the forums from like 780k for 100 usd to 600k for 100 usd. The reasons for this are

1) People are literallly dumping tens of millions of ecodollars into the economy every month, a problem we never had before because features would be sold to a player and the player would give the ecodollars and no money would be dumped into the economy because you could only buy ECD for 1k per usd on the forums. Now it's not worth selling to a player for the amount of time it takes, when you can simply buy unlimited ecodollars on the forums.

2) I think this has really fucked the nstar market and the economy in general.. nstars are at 650 per NOW... and don't tell me o it's because we have 3 votes because they actually gradually rose when we changed from 3 votes to 6 votes a couple months back.

What I propose.

1) A small drop in the amount of ecodollars you get from buying ECD on the forums. 7.8k -> 6k. This will once again increase the feature market instead of people simply dumping millions into the economy (as regularly as it is done now)

2) Andrew simply auctions 1 million eco dollars every so often and people can bid on it with usd (not sure how practical this idea is) @Nicit6

What happened to the days of 4k per usd on features. Ever wonder how hard it is now for a new user to become successful? Maybe it is because now they have to buy features at 8-10k per usd.

If this is accepted I also think there should be nerfs in sg, as the amount of money made is way too high.

#1 matrix_rep, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Frostystorm1

Frostystorm1 BulletClub ︻╦╤─ | Former Senior Super Moderator
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,095
    +1, feature prices are too damn high!

3. ze7707

ze7707 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +442
    +1, makes it so it doesn't have to be pay to win but grind to win :)

4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Keep in mind Feature prices per usd will remain high unless more people sell Its based on how many people are selling not the ECD shop price. Also @matrix_rep we all know 4k per usd was crazy 6-7kper is what it started as and was the normal going rate it was only 4-5k per for a very short time and will never be that low again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #4 jwpwns, Jan 19, 2017
  5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    And more people will sell if the shop gives less money.

6. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Keep in mind even before ecd was re added to the shop prices where higher. Few more will sell and the price per usd go down a little if this is added but in my opinion not much i can see it going down to 7-8k per but nothing lower.

#6 jwpwns, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Prices were around 7-8 when it was added... and they're higher now because the shop has effectively created a price floor. Obviously it wouldn't go any lower than 7-8 with matrix's suggestion of having the shop at 6.

#7 Nicit6, Jan 19, 2017
  8. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,064
    -1, as someone who will be going into a 12 hour job, I like to spend money on ecd sense this is my second life and grinding isn't quite so practical for me. I also think 100$ for 780k Ecd is high already in my honest opinion.

From what I've seen so far, any change in votes throws the market off for a bit. I'd give it another week or two. Also, you get more for selling your nstars too. Better for builders if you think about it.

Inflation. Everything goes up in time, or down sometimes if its not popular.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You would likely still be able to sell features for a rate matching that.

How is it better for builders... the extra $100-200 a vote ($300-600 a day) is really negligible when it comes to actually affording things. Sure, it may help a little, but it's not like it's providing them any extra real purchasing power. Even making as little as 5k an hour $200 is less than 5 minutes of work (it's actually less than half of that!).

Inflation is irrelevant when there's a price floor.

10. ThomasVerth

ThomasVerth Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +615
    ok lets get started (btw I think this need to happen) +1

1) I agree with this 100% it just not worth it for ppl to sell feats to players when ecd on forums/shop is so close to what ppl would pay it more worth it for buyers to just buy it then and not have to worry about an deal, advertising etc.

2) yes n stars have rising over time since the summer when they were at 550 ish to about 580-600 just before the vote going from 6-3. By removing the votes made the market unstable and unpredictable. Then some crazy shit happened and prices went up and will continue to go up.
    Well the star market is made up over 10k n stars (this includes shop owners over flow), daily I would estimate about 100-200 n stars end up being sold to shops. (not all ppl vote and not all sell the stars to shops) Also ppl buy star tools from the star market which removes 1500-2000 stars per tool. So to lower the star price the number stars taking out of the market need to be less then the number of n stars is being put in.

Anyways imo I don't think N star market is affected by the ecd being bought on the shop/forums. I believe it was low number of N stars being put in and the vote being removed which made large amounts of N stars to move around in the market which increased the price and a unperditbule market changed the N star price.

I do see what your saying by the economy getting flooded with money from ecd bought on forums. Also if ppl were to buy the feats from other ppl not money is added to the economy which means less inflation of the economy. To fix this the sever needs to get the usd to ecd rate on the forums/shop lowed to 6k per usd (your number) I agree 100% on that. This is the only thing rn I see that need to be changed in ecc economy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #10 ThomasVerth, Jan 19, 2017
  11. Baccuus

Baccuus President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +130
    are you joking, you have to pay to place/pick up water lmao

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  12. Monkeyz505

Monkeyz505 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +512
    No, there's a 60s cooldown for people without the water donation feature that allows them to place ice/water. Paying allows you to place dispensers, and removes the cooldown of the placements.

13. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    That's not really his point though.

14. ze7707

ze7707 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +442
    I thought people could do that like once a minute?

15. Baccuus

Baccuus President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +130

16. deondre33

deondre33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    i most def agree i havent even been back on this server for a full week and i can already tell that to many people make to much money and dominate things... for instance theres no point for me to even grind the game much or actually have to start a town or shop or invest when i can just wait untill i get like 50 dollers and buy 300k and then just keep doing that... 2 it means people cant just waste endless amount off money persay on lotto and dominate and not worry about repercussions because they can just spend money. agree or not with my points i def see a nerf needing to happen to the market and to how easy money is to get

17. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Your discussion is the very reason why there is probably no interest in changing these things. As a server owner which would you rather have happen? Players grinding for hours with no donations... or... players donating huge amounts of money and then blowing it in the lottery(taking the funds out of the economy and putting in the owners balance)?
    Let us be honest here, anyone that has been playing on ECC knows that the server owner provides us a fun place to play multiplayer minecraft, but, he is no idiot and has to be enjoying the influx of massive cash. Keep in mind all of the updates to hardware and software that he has been continually doing for us for years.

18. MaxToMinimum

MaxToMinimum President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +313
  19. deondre33

deondre33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    ok so would you rather have a more balanced economy were u actually have to work your way to the top and grind or just have it be I pay money I'm rich and in your case that means andrewkm wants ecc to make him money and not for fun or for others fun and you can still buy ecc and donate for special features just don't make it so much ecc that its bad

20. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,450
    The cash amounts will stay the same, and i guarantee people will still donate the same amount. This is simply lowering it slightly to make the feature market great again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.