Cauldrons not filling on VMR

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Lopporit, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +959
    Minecraft Username: CammyBunny

Brief Description: Cauldrons placed in areas where they should fill with powder snow do not fill, even after observing the weather snowing several times, and leaving an account AFK with them overnight.

Instructions: Place empty cauldrons anywhere it snows when the weather changes to rain, wait for them to fill up.

How many times did you recreate this?: At least 5 separate tests lasting hours each over the course of several days.

Result: Cauldrons did not accumulate powder snow.

Expected Result: Cauldrons fill with powder snow. In a singleplayer world, this happens for me within a few minutes.

Evidence: I haven't taken any screenshot or video evidence of this as it would be an extremely long video to prove that these aren't filling even after long amounts of time.

Edit: I also tried to accumulate rainwater into a cauldron, which did not work either. Cauldrons seem to not be picking up anything from the environment.

#1 Lopporit, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    @CammyBunny can you please check if this is an issue on the Main servers as well?

3. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +959
    I've managed to get it tested in the mining world on main in a snowy biome, wasn't able to collect any powder snow, the cauldrons remained empty.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    @CammyBunny everything I'm reading is leading this to be a Minecraft Vanilla issue.
    Can you please try this in vanilla 1.17.1 and let me know if you get them to fill correctly.

Keep in mind they take a really long time to fill, and you have to actually have the chunks loaded (not further than 3 chunks from the cauldron) in game for the cauldron to actually tick and register the snow.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    If I am to add some information, I stood by 50+ cauldrons in the rising world in a biome that snows for over 12 irl hours with nothing being filled.

Don’t know if this’ll help or not, but I’m stating this to show it doesn’t seem to be an issue of not enough cauldrons or time.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Never mind.
    I had ice and snow formation disabled for performance improvements.
    I've re-enabled them now, no promises it will stay however, we'll see how performance reacts to these being turned on.
    It is now live and fixed on VMR, the Main servers will be fixed after our next maintenance period (after Magic Day).
    PS: I tested this and it does indeed work as intended now.

#6 andrewkm, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  7. Lopporit

Lopporit Shiny SA

Ratings:
    +959
    My setup is now collecting snow in my cauldrons, thanks :)

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056