[Bug Report] Counter Attack Not Working

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by sleeper59, Jun 20, 2019.

1. sleeper59

sleeper59 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +57
    Minecraft Username:

Sleeper59

Brief Description:

Under Swords of McMMO a Passive Skill Known as Counterattack Takes Your Foes Attack and returns half the damage

Instructions:

Have a fight with a Player, or a mob with more than 1 swords skill and wait for the text to show that you have a done a counter attack

How many times did you recreate this?:

Quite often many pvp fights and i have never gotten a counter attack(with a swords skill of 396)

Result:

No counter attacks done during my pvp fights

Expected Result:

Around 19.6% attacks (this changes based on your swords levels) done to me would return a counter attack to my foe

Evidence:

I have done many pvp battles but @AJCL has battle me and confirmed that no counter attacks have been done

#1 sleeper59, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    @UnitedStates2 please look into this and let me know if it's an issue or user error / level problem.

3. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @andrewkm

Replicated this with a user who has 475 swords and tested it out with 2000 swords. This ability was based on the fact that pre-1.9, you could block with swords. Now that shields are added, sword blocking is disabled and you're supposed to do so with shields instead. But blocking with shields doesn't trigger this ability, nor does simply standing idle with a sword in your hand.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I'll have @nossr50 check this out although I'm not sure if he's willing to fix on the classic version of McMMO :(

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Looks like it is only an issue in McMMO classic.
    Unfortunately at this time we are unable to update to the new McMMO as we are waiting for @nossr50 to finish up with a major configuration overhaul.