[Bug] Lost Trident - Unloaded Chunk

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Pellagia, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +785
    Minecraft Username: SKSoccer

Brief Description: Threw my loyalty three trident at a sheep which was pretty far away. Missed the sheep, and the trident never came back to me.

Instructions: Apply loyalty III to a trident, throw it very far, it won't come back to you and is nowhere to be found. I looked all over the area the trident was thrown, it's nowhere to be found. Possibly despawned? Also waited for about 15 minutes and then nothing, then relogged and still nothing.

How many times did you recreate this?: 1

Result: Trident is gone.

Expected Result: Trident returns.

Evidence:

First image is my trident ID (with loyalty III). Second image is after losing it, where I was.

https://imgur.com/a/oXfJh2L

#1 Pellagia, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. pokeball92870

pokeball92870 PokeManiac
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,547
    Please PM the @STAFF-04 Server Admin with your tool ID and they’ll try to locate it via logs ;)

Hope you can get this sorted

cheers~

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
  4. Pellagia

Pellagia Ecoleader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +785
    From Clar:

__

All I can see in the logs for your Trident is a pickup event, presumably . Unfortunately I am not able to tell if it despawned or not even if it wasn't a trident, this is generally something we deduce based on the lack of a event that indicated it was destroyed through other means.

Anyway, all I can see is you picked it up on the 29th, but no logs beyond that. It probably did despawn after you threw it. I've had another case just like this a few days ago as well.
    Despawned after thrown.

I did some experimenting and they do despawn if they are left on the ground. Sounds like some bad luck.

__

Seems like more of a minecraft issue where tridents despawn after being thrown sometimes.

5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Yeah, unfortunately as I told SK, I couldn't really find out what happened to the trident. I deduced that it probably despawned due to the lack of information.
    The current own logs do not show a "throw" event, or even the trident leaving a users inventory when thrown, it only shows the pickup event if the user picks it back up after throwing it.
    A trident is also still subject to being cleared when its on the ground after being thrown, this I confirmed by throwing a plain trident into the ground and watching it eventually disappear.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Awesome, thank you :)