[Ban Appeal] ZweetYT

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by iZweet, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iZweet

iZweet Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    In Game Name:
    ZweetYT
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Perma Muted on chat
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    This guy was hacking obviously and I shouted that out, then I was perma muted, then the person who banned me said the word Nazi which is a mute but since he works for ecc he gets to say it I guess
    Rule Violated:
    Shouting someone out I guess?
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Theres not even a rule about this I don't think
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    Because the person I shouted out was banned. also I'm sorry I did it, I got carried away and shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry for that and won't do it again. I understand my actions and will do my best to not do it again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
    #1 iZweet, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    First time I've ever heard about that, and this is speaking as someone who's been involved in several guidelines rewrites throughout the years. Not entirely sure where you're getting that from, but either way, "hey X user is breaking rules so I should too" isn't sound logic.

Anyways, since I just wrote this on a complaint only a few hours ago, I'll just repost here:

Don't publicly accuse users of hacking in any of our chats.
    Don't file a public complaint on a user for hacking, especially one without evidence.

Not only do baseless accusations like these make SG a toxic place, but insofar that they turn out to be correct, they tip off actual hackers, allowing them to stop hacking right before any actual investigation takes place.

Forward any hacking complaints to @ClarinetPhoenix and myself privately with relevant evidence included in the future.

Temp'd 6 hours.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.