[Ban Appeal] Roie

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Roie, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roie

Roie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    Minecraft Username: Roie

Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name?: No.

Which of ECC's services are you banned on? [Main Server/Teamspeak/Shoutbox - delete as appropriate]: All

Reason of Ban:

Loan Scamming (Phantomine) (20,000 ECD)
    Loan Scamming (Matrix_Rep) (300,000 ECD) **

** Was banned previous to paying the final payment of 300,000 ECD was made. This was not part of the original ban reason.

Rule violated:

Clause 2 - Scamming
      • A general definition of a scam in the context of EcoCityCraft is a transaction in which a user pays for goods or services from another user, and does not receive those goods/services in the agreed upon time frame.
      • Failing to uphold your end of the deal is scamming, and is punishable by a ban. Your continuance on the server may rely on you following through with your end of the deal, or refunding what you scammed, solely at the staff’s discretion.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:

This rule states that is against the rules of this server to intentionally scam another user of an item or ECD. Failing to uphold your end of the bargain can and will be punished by a ban.

Reason you feel you think you should be unbanned

I understand that my actions are against the rules and this kind of behavior are very destructive to the economy and structure that the ECC server is trying to create. However, I feel that I should receive another chance to make my previous mistakes right as it is not fair for these players to be denied the ECD that they rightfully deserve.

I was unable to pay Phantomine back the 20,000 ECD that I owed him because of conflicting times schedules and his inactivity. However, this does not condone my actions. I should have been in contact with him attempting to figure out a time we could both be available to make the payment, or have found a middleman that could have made the payment possible.

I take full responsibility for not paying back this loan, it was a massive oversight on my part, and should have been dealt with long before my ban and long before I went inactive. With that being said, I am sorry for not settling this debt, and if Phantomine is currently active, I would like to come back and pay him the money after making proper arrangements with him.

Thanks,

Roie.

• Like Like x 3
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    Just want to make it clear, as it seems not clear in the appeal. You paid 600/900k but still owe 300k

3. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
  4. Phantomine

Phantomine Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +954
    Hi, Roie

Glad to see you are appealing and no hard feelings. :)
    Also seeing as our time schedules will likely be an issue again, may I request a trusted moderator acts as a middleman for the transaction?

Thanks,

Phanto

5. Jmillertime

Jmillertime G.O.A.T.
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +112
    #5 Jmillertime, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    @Roie
    Before I handle your appeal I want to know where you are in terms of activity. This isn't a new thing to you and whenever you have debt, you pay some of it and seem to go completely inactive. So I am inquiring as to the likelihood of this happening again. This doesn't need to be a vicious circle. If you are not fully prepared to finish paying off all your debts this time I would like to know.

7. Roie

Roie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +49
    @ClarinetPhoenix

Im fully planning on being completely active for the next 6 months. Any time beyond that point I'm not positive. I plan on sticking around and fully paying everything off completely. So barring anything out of my control I plan on being extremely active for the next 6 months.

#7 Roie, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  8. ClarinetPhoenix

Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    @Roie
    Since you did make a significant dent into your combined debt the last time you were with us, and you indicate you will be available for awhile to pay off these debts I have decided to let you return after serving the tempban. You still owe @Phantomine $20,000 ECD, this is your third ban for this. I will expect you to pay this FIRST. I will be starting a forum PM with both of you, so we can arrange for that getting to Phantomine. You have a remainder $300,000 ECD due to @matrix_rep. After than you can begin repaying @Jmillertime his $65,000 ECD for the 50k loan you took from him.
    I've decided to issue you a tempban of 10 days. Your debt repayments will start directly after that.

Tempban will expire on October 29th, 2015
    20,000 ECD due to @Phantomine on October 31st, 2015: I will assist with this one, I will start a forum PM with both of you so we can discuss how to arrange the repayment.
    $300,000 due to @matrix_rep: This will be due on November 20th, 2015
    $65,000 ECD due to @Jmillertime by November 25th, 2015

If timezones will be an issue for any of these repayments, shoot me a forum PM and I will help arrange things out.
    Tempbanned 10 days, Loan Payment Schedule Set

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,380
    @Roie
    You have been caught bypassing your ban, again. This appeal is now null and void, you will need to reappeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.