[Ban Appeal] epicwin4

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by epicwin4, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicwin4

epicwin4 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    In Game Name:
    Epicwin4
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned on:
    Main Server
    Reason of Ban:
    Major Block Grief
    Rule Violated:
    Section 2, Clause 1 - Griefing
    • Grief is defined as breaking or destroying things that do not belong to you, including breaking and replacing things to get to places that otherwise you shouldn't be going (for example, breaking into someone's house.) This can also extend to building things in areas that do not belong to you.
    • Grief is not allowed in protected towns, unless the town owner has decided otherwise.
    • If a town allows grief then all residents must be informed before joining the town.
    • When a grief report is filed, grief is graded on a sliding scale of minor/moderate/major based on the amount and severity of damage done, and is determined based on staff guidelines by the staff member investigating the situation. It is also determined at that time whether the grief is bad enough to warrant a rollback.
    • Grief in the wild is frowned upon, but allowed. Staff will not take any action in the case of wild grief.

Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    This rule clearly states that destruction/looting of blocks that are not under one's ownership is intolerable in protected towns, unless the town owner specifies otherwise.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned:
    First, I must apologize for the irrational decision I enacted in griefing Mooncreek. I was close to becoming a mayor and very eager to get enough money, so I did not stop to think about the consequences of my actions and how they affected Lanrooks, the owner of Mooncreek.

After admitting my wrongdoing, I feel I should be un-banned for two reasons. First, I can pay back out-of-pocket in compensation for what I stole, as the grief report lists the exact amount. I must do this, regardless of its necessity, as I sympathize for Lanrooks and owe it to this individual. Second, I feel with ownership of a town plot, I am now able to "give back" to the EcoCityCraft community by creating a place for citizens to live, create, and enterprise for their own benefit and the benefit of the entire server. I acknowledge my fault for tearing down Mooncreek, I am very regretful for this action. However, I feel I deserve a second chance to right my wrongs and start anew, using my skills to bring positive contributions to the users of EcoCityCraft.

#1 epicwin4, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Hello @epicwin4 , thank you for deciding to appeal your ban. Before we can continue with your appeal, I need for you to copy and paste the entire rule that you broke into the "Rule Violated" section of the appeal, not just the clause number. You can fine the rules here. Please make this change within 24 hours and I can continue with the process of unbanning you.

Left open 24 hours awaiting changes

3. epicwin4

epicwin4 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for the quick response, changes have been made.

4. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    @epicwin4 thank you for making these changes. After reading what you wrote in your appeal I have decided to unban you. This is due to the fact that you seem to be remorseful of your actions and you have offered to repay the damages that you have caused, and it has been quite some time since you were banned. Upon your return it would be a good idea to contact the owners of the town that you griefed to see if you can make up for the damages you caused. Welcome back!

Locked: Unbanned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.