[Ban Appeal] bobman3355

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by bobman3355, Nov 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    In Game Name:
    bobman3355
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    no
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    main
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    bypassing mute by abusing auc system
    Rule Violated:
    This specific violation is not mentioned anywhere in the rules. While the rules seem much more brief than the last time I read them a few years ago the closest violation would be of this rule:
    Allow moderators to do their jobs.
    You may not attempt to do a moderator’s job in threatening to punish players for breaking the rules. You are not allowed to argue against any decision made by a staff member regarding enforcement of the rules in any public channel. If you do disagree, please contact that staff member privately to resolve the issue, and if you cannot, contact administration via our staff feedback form.

I completely understand why my actions should be illegal (though bannable with no prior warn or kick is questionable) as they violate the spirit of the mute punishment, however there seems to be no spirit of the rule clause in the ECC rules linked in the ban appeal or in the main network rules. Since the new rules appear to be a great summary of previous rules but woefully inadequate in terms of detail I had to stretch a bit to quote a specific rule thats applicable to this specific situation. If this causes my rules violated section to be inadequate and my appeal rejected I would appreciate if I could be pointed to more detailed rules.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    This rule means that any criticism of staff members in public channels (including but not limited to auction) is strictly prohibited. By renaming items and selling them in auction, I was essentially bypassing my mute and using the auctioned items to send messages to the the server. These messages were critical of the decision to mute me in the first place, so I was essentially criticizing the staff decision to mute me in a public channel which is not allowed.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I was initially muted because I changed my /nick to Physy and said in chat " Can I get server owner back", however this was impersonating another user, so I was given a 60 minute mute. Instead of waiting for my timeout to be over, I fired up my alt @TalLopez and began talking to my good friend @Frostystorm1 in local chat. However, I had forgotten to connect to my VPN, so it was clear that @TalLopez was my alt. This lead to me getting a permanent mute. Obviously, using an alt account to bypass a ban or mute is prohibited (Though the rules no longer state this?) and my initial mute was completely justified. I should have just filed an appeal of the mute discussing my mistakes and why I will behave better in the future, however instead of doing this, I tried to bypass the mute, which lead to my ban. In the future, I will not impersonate other users, so I will not be muted. However, if for some reason, I am given a temp mute, I will wait for it to expire instead of bypassing it with an alt. If I am ever given a permanent mute in the future, I will appeal this instead of trying to think of creative ways to bypass the mute. The main issue was my behavior, which caused both the mute and subsequent ban and I will do better in the future. I am reformed_ and will not troll or impersonate other users with /nick. Thank you for taking the time to review my appeal and I am very sorry for my previous behavior.

• Potato Potato x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Mods delete if not relevant, but you also sold a book to me while you were muted stating you were a Political Prisoner, muted for no reason, and basically undermining staff because of your mute, not to mention trying (and failing) to start a revolution against staff to get you unmuted. This all took place no more than a half hour before you posted this appeal.

I gave a copy of the book to @Dare2Dream for reference sake (and to let her know of how you were abusing the auction system), but I can give it to any other staff member who would need it.

• Potato Potato x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #2 Jdawger, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    Thank you for adding this information to my appeal instead of letting staff handle it. Your actions are a heroic stand in support of ECC and definitely do not just add redundant of irrelevant information.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Potato Potato x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. icondigi

icondigi FuryFudge Lover
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,466
    Hello @bobman3355

Whilst I do appreciate the effort you have put into this appeal, I am not yet convinced this will be the last of your trolling behaviour. In all instances in which staff were required to discipline you, you showed a blatant disregard for the rules by finding ways to bypass the punishments that were given to you. This initially started with connecting on your alt account to bypass the mute and then moving onto abusing the auction system to continue trolling by selling books to communicate and encourage other members to troll.

Due to the numerous times that you failed to abide by staff instructions I will be issuing you a 1-Day Tempban to re-read over our server rules. As you have been playing ECC for quite some time, I'd have expected you to know the server rules by know but, if you have forgotten, you can access them here.

Should you wish for your alt account, @TalLopez to be unmuted, you will need to file an appeal separately.

@bobman3355 issued with a 1-Day-Tempban.
    Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.