[Ban Appeal] Arhinman

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Arhinman, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    In Game Name:
    Arhinman
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No I didn't
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Minecraft main server
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    "Reason : AFK Autoclicking Spawners"
    Rule Violated:
    I don't find any precise section and clause about AFK farming, but everybody is aware, there is no doubt about this being not tolerated.

Still, it can be directly related to one of the Server Rules :
    "Cheating is not tolerated.
    Cheating in any form is not allowed. Anything that would give you an unfair advantage over other players is considered cheating. This can include client mods to generate items/money easier or faster than otherwise possible, abusing server bugs or using alts/friends to "boost" kills in SG.

These rules do not apply on the VMR server. "Cheating" is legal there."

Using an auto clicker is clearly something that give an unfair advantage over others players, considering this is a way to earn money with less efforts.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    This means that using everything - a client, a mod, exploiting a bug, a third-party program - that could give a player an advantage that would make a difference over another player is unfair, insofar it helps a player earning money with less efforts (any AFK or semi AFK activities) , or it gives him some assets without having bought the feature (fly, nofall, X-Ray).
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    It might be quite long, so I will try to be clear and will organise this part of the appeal like this :
    - Situation, what happened
    - Explanation, why did I decide to be dumb
    - And now, what I think of it
    - Lastly, why should I be unbanned

I] What happened ?
    I used a third-party program, a basic auto-clicker that everybody can easily find. You can fastly config it, and it will click for you. I used such a program to automatically hit mobs in a Spawner setup. Then I got caught and banned.

II] Explanation, why did I use this, for how long, what was the goal of it ? (I will detail a bit, if it's too long I'm sorry I can try to shrink it)

Ok so, I am part of the people who joined the server during quarantine, I immedialty loved it (never seen more than 2 actives and polite mods in other servers), especially the grinding part (quite ironical now, isn't ?). I tryharded my best, spent some IRL$ until I get my first star tools. But I had to take a short break due to studying for a month, where I could barely play 30 min a day (depends on the day). Then, holidays and I decided to give my best to tryhard, earn money, but only with the purpose of building. But God drops became more and more important, and one month later we got the first ECC tools. I fastly saw I will have to get my own, because star tools will fastly become less and less competitive (you can see the grinding addiction). But I thought I had months to get it, and it wasn't a problem to rent ECC/magic tools and grind until I get my own (so I rented a tool until 31th August)
    But few days ago, I had some very bad IRL news, and to keep it short, I will go back studying August 30th for 1 last year in this (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classe_préparatoire_aux_grandes_écoles). It is truly hardcore (way more hours than what it is written in wiki), and it means I will only be able to play like 2h per week or so (will depend). Well I think you understood, but I can't rent a 200-500k per day tool for a week to only play 2h or so. Even without renting one, grinding 2h per week at 25k per hour will make having an ECC tool difficult (2-3m a year). But if I have my Own tool, farming 2h a week is already good, or I can even rent it so I can focus on building and have some money (you can understand how I came to do such a mistake).
    So I started tryharding more and more, hitting the lvl 2000+ mcmoo, but there is 2 issues :
    1) it is incredibly good, but not enough if I have 10 days left to play
    2) With the crossbow I have to spam click (easily 3 times faster than with a sword) , and it starts to be hard to play longer, because it can by ridiculous, but spam clicking for many hours really hurt, and it kind of have the same feeling as when I study and have to write way too many pages per hour : there is a moment you have to take a break.
    So I don't know exactly how, but I started looking for a sh*t that can help me grinding longer without losing my finger (I exaggerate a bit but you get the idea). I found something really better : an auto clicker (what a fcking bad idea dang). Before using it I had around 100-200k, lvl 2600 mcmoo, and less than 550 xp. I started using it less than 1 day before being banned, so 2 days ago from now (around 4pm EST I guess). I could grind longer, with less effort (which is absolutely against the rules, and I was aware of it).
    The next day I started doing the same stuff, and, few hours later, I had an IRL emergency so I had to leave my computer with the auto clicker (some call this "the karma"). When I came back (like 4h after), around 11 am EST, I was disconnected with the banned screen (reason, who banned etc etc), and it was at this moment that I knew I fucked up.

III] What I think of all of this

In 3 words, I did sh*t.
    About myself : with this, I lost trust from some people, especially from staff that will wonder if I'm not cheating at any time. I also didn't make money, because I guess my bank account is probably wiped, which is normal, so I just lose money earnt while AFK, and some money earnt by grinding legitimately. So in terms of personal benefit, I just lost money, time and trust from others (very stupid so).

About others, this took time to the person who banned me (I apologize again to you there), time that could have been sent for fair players, and it also takes time to the one dealing with this appeal, so I also apologize to the person reading this, that will lose at least 10 mins for a person that broke rules he was aware of.

Lastly, I owe apologize to fair players, because that was egoist to think that I had to make more money, everyone has an IRL schedule whatever it is, and maybe having really few hours to play is part of the grinding part of a hardcore economy server too. Some people might have nearly no free time to play, and still they don't do AFK dumb activities, so my excuse is 100% worthless and childish. So, I apologize to whoever that have not that much free time, but still try to grind hard when they can. One week ago I would not even expect this, but it seems I have many things to learn from others.

In a moral way, afking like I did actually truly sucks. Like, it's a hardcore economy server, except for some sponsors that help the server surviving and growing, everybody do his best while grinding. Using a cheat seems is quite ironical, because I mainly appreciate ECC for this grinding part, but still I used an auto clicker. There is no point in joining such a server if it is to cheat, it's better to join a creative one. That's why now I clearly see how paradoxical and just stupid is was to use an auto clicker. The only positive point I can see (by being very optimistic),it's the experience and lessons I learnt from this. For a cube game, it seems I lost more than expected (and I'm not even talking about what are the punishments because I don't actually have a clue about what will happen). This was quite egoist as it as consequences over others too. So again, I do apologize.

IV] Why should I be unbanned ?

I'm not sure about my English, and I might be wrong about this. But if what I think is correct, "should" is a word used to talk about an advantage. It sounds like "what are the advantages of you being unbanned? " (Sorry if I misunderstand the word, I hope I'm not wrong). And in this case, there is no absolute positive things for the server (except some money, but I won't be the one that will make server really better, I can just give the money to buy you coffees at most). It means that for you, there is no really point in unbanning me, insofar as what you will obtain with this is quite dispensable.
    But from my point of view, it is quite egoist but I still have valuables things on the server (people I appreciate, my brother who told me not to cheat or he breaks my hand (I told you I lost things)). If I am unbanned, well thanks before all, but I plan on taking a break with this grinding part of the server (look where it got me), to focus on building (finishing / starting for real our town), renting out my tools and finishing the VMR Booklet.
    Of course, someone banned for cheating always represents a risk, but I have already learnt enough from this, and I won't be stupid again. I lose trust from people, some don't answer my pm anymore, I think I have lost enough to don't start again. These few hours of autoclicking learnt me not to Joke with rules, and reminded me some significative things.

Sorry again to the staff member who is reading this, you took some minutes of your free time to deal with a stupid decision from someone. Whatever happen, thanks for reading this, and if I end up by staying banned, I would rather say now that even if ECC has flaws, it also has significative positive things that can't be found elsewhere.

Edit : I tried to be as honest as possible, maybe sometimes too much and it might harm me, but I had rather doing this than playing the pipes (I hope English-speaking people use this expression, or this will sound weird)

• Like Like x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #1 Arhinman, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302