Auction Error - Lost 35k

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Lodogg, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +36
    I was at /warp highgarden when I won on an auction for 41 nether stars for 35k, I had a full inventory, but the nether stars either didn't drop on the ground or it did a butcher when I won. Im sure no one was around when this happened. I opened my inventory realizing it was full as soon as I won and looked right where I was standing with no one around. It was at around 5:35 PM EST. Im not sure what to do. @BillyNoToes can confirm he got the money. The same thing happened to a player @Anna42 with an auction before mine.

#1 Lodogg, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    There is nothing wrong with our auction drops.
    I have just attempted to reproduce this and cannot.

You must make sure to have room in your inventory when bidding on auctions.
    If you ever find a valid way to reproduce this let us know, and we can then return the loss.

3. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +36
    Thank you for your time Andrew. I really do appreciate it. I understand the staff is very busy right now with everything going on with the new server and what not, but cant you guys at least see if it was butcher or what. I understand that my items won’t be replaced, but it seems like the right thing to do since me and @Anna42 had this problem. I don’t think it should be normal for a player to be able to lose so much just because his/her inventory being full, I didn’t realize my inventory was full at the time. I really think it would be helpful to better understand why this happens so others won’t have to deal with it in the future.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    It was not butcher.

EcoCityCraft does not have a butcher for items that's executed on any sort of interval.

Instead, each item/stack ticks on its own for a set amount of time before it disappears. It is impossible for an item to drop and immediately vanish. You always have a minimum of 60+ seconds to get any item you drop. (Unless of course they fall into the void or lava.)

What you are describing does not happen. Unless you can provide reproduction steps we cannot assist you, otherwise we would have an influx of false reports.

#4 andrewkm, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020