Denied [Archive Server Suggestion] The ability to transfer ownership on arv

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Jul 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Archive Server
    Short title for your suggestion:
    The ability to transfer ownership on arv
    What are you suggesting:
    Having the ability to pay 150k to do an official ownership transfer on archived world towns
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    First off, apologies if this is already a thing. I remember we couldn't do this in the past (and I am not president yet to confirm).

But anyway, this is a good addition strictly for Archive World Edit applications. According to the Wiki, in order to do an Archive World Edit App, you must be the official owner of BOTH the town the original build is in as well as the town the build is being transferred to. AFAIK, we can only do Town Transfers for current main world towns (as it has been in the past). Because of this, even if you get permission from someone to do an Archive World Edit App from their town to your town, you cannot do it because there is currently no way to transfer official ownership to yourself.

By adding the option on Town Transfers to transfer an archived town to yourself, it gives more flexibility and possibilities on the application, and just overall makes more sense IMO with this process.
    Other information:
    Should state here too that the application of the archived town's creation needs to be added as well if this becomes a thing.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Town Transfers & World Edit
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Why would you want to move over other peoples towns? This application is to move your towns over. Not others. If they want their towns moved over, they can do it right?

My opinion is if you didn't get towns moved into your official ownership before the reset, why should you be able to do it now? -1

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 Archive is Archived. Adding stuff like this blurs that.

If you really need to get someone's town over, you can get that person to accept a town transfer on new main, transfer their town to that, and then move ownership of the town on main to yourself.

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    The point of this suggestion is some people ran towns that were officially owned by other people (or had them under another's name who doesn't play anymore) who cannot transfer it over to the new server.

To use a real example, my friend @Iamjustapony is the official owner of at least three towns in my project, but doesn't really play minecraft anymore. I cannot transfer those towns unless he actually does the applying himself and has the town in his name (which again, he doesn't play minecraft anymore and most likely wont be able to log in X amount of times to get towns).

It's not just "keep archive archive" or "you are applying for your own towns only" when you co-owned a large build with multiple towns and now your partner(s) don't play anymore, so you are screwed out of transferring.

5. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious, I don't see how this isn't already possible.

From a contract side of things, transferring ownership of an archive town isn't stated as being not allowed. As long as it's stated that it's an archive town (which is no different historically stating which server the contract is for) and original town app is linked (in which it will also make it pretty obvious it is an archive town), it's no different to a contract for a town in current main.

As for the "transfer app" itself, any GA that checks the app should realise quite easily that the town is archive (based on looking the contract and town apps linked). As for where money is... Well personally I think someone should never have been penalised for having money in a different server back when there were multiple mains. Should be able to just charge on main server for an archive transfer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I think if someone else officially owns towns in YOUR project, thats kind of on you. You should've transferred town ownership when you bought/obtained the towns like everyone else. Town rules are pretty clear that if you don't transfer town ownership within 7 days (or however long it is) the official owner can take the town back for whatever reason. Its always the best thing to put a town in your official name if it is your town.

My thing with archive is, you cant change or bring back anything else now, why should you be able to transfer ownership of past towns from archive? Either the official owner of it now has to move it for you, or it stays imo.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I would also like to state that I am talking about with the new archive. When it comes to OG Archive, I think you should only need the contract/screenshots of the agreement of the town being sold/owned by you. Seeing as town transfers were not as enforced then.

8. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    So I get your logic, so it's not going over my head, but at the same time, the rule (as you stated) is after 7 days, the official owner can reclaim the town back. The rule was put into place so players don't remove official owners from the listed owners without officially transferring. The example I gave kept the town owner for a different reason. The original owner is still a listed owner of said town(s), along with myself and one other as all three of us were working on the project. We weren't going to reclaim the towns from each other if we didn't transfer (nor could we legally since the original owner of each town was still a listed owner).

Also, I don't know why this suggestion is so bad either. Yes, archive needs to stay archive, but at the same time, it's not like someone is straight up taking someone's town (like a town claim). The official owner is still the one who needs to approve a contract for town transferring. If we want to keep archive archive, then we can just make the town transfer just for the world edit application and not add them to the archive world if that is too much of an issue.

I will state again that town transfers weren't really enforced for the 2018-2020 main server either. The purpose of it was if you don't officially transfer the town to yourself, you run the risk of the original original owner messaging GA+ after 7 days to legally transfer it back to the applicant. It was not something that was auto-enforced by staff. It was there to safeguard the person who was losing the town and to raise the price of towns so people aren't getting another town for like 100k. Hell, contracts never needed a clause for town transferring. I had some that were accepted that didn't need it; you did need a clause stating the contract is proof for a town transfer if you were going to transfer it, but it was not required for any town purchase given I had like three that were accepted without it.

TL;DR of that paragraph is town transfers were not considered mandatory, just they had to be done in order to fully ensure the town won't be taken back legally by the applicant

#8 Jdawger, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  9. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Am I missing something here, or would you still need your friend to come back on ECC to approve of this town transfer agreement, or at least to the sale of the town? You would need evidence of yourself and the other party involved agreeing to a town transfer in order for it to be approved, otherwise if you don't have this type of agreement already then it sounds like what you would be doing is a town claim from an inactive user, which I do not think should be allowed for archive towns. If you already do have an agreement for a town transfer in place from before the reset, then why didn't the town get transferred then? I guess I'm just a little confused as to why the towns weren't transferred before the reset, from what I can tell it seems like your answer to this question is "it wasn't required."

You're right in saying that filing for town transfers was not considered mandatory, but if someone chooses not to transfer a town then they need to be prepared for the consequences of their actions. I don't think we should change* the server policy in order to accommodate users who did not take advantage of all of the resources available to them.

*The change would be assuming that what @kenny0011 commented is not the case, my response quoted below.

Your friend didn't take the town back quite like how this rule describes, but it sounds like pretty much the same result was achieved. If you want the town, then transfer it to yourself.

My personal opinion is that archive should be touched as little as possible, I don't mind being able to WE old builds onto the current worlds but anything further than that in regards to meddling with the towns goes against what I consider to be the purpose of archive.

I mean, technically you are right that there is nothing that specifically says transferring ownership of an archive town is disallowed; however the wiki states that you cannot buy towns on archive, so I would argue that the spirit of this statement is to disallow the trade and transfer of archived towns. Quote from the wiki: "EcoCityCraft's Archive server is essentially a museum of the old main worlds of EcoCityCraft. ... It exists now as an archive, a museum for all to remember what has been." The main purpose of Archive is for users to go back and remember/reflect on ECC's history, not for it to be available for users to bring their old builds into the present.

10. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I'm not disagreeing with what you said at all, but for a clarification of the differences of transferring a town for WE and the person coming back to transfer it themselves is as follows:

If they come back to transfer themselves, then the absolute minimum they need to do is:
    1. Come back onto the server itself
    2. Obtain payment
    3. Go onto the forums and apply for a town
    4. Go back onto the forums again and apply for either a town transfer or WE application
    Whereas if they were able to transfer an archive town
    1. Accept a town transfer contract
    2. That's it
    And with anybody having the ability to log into the forums anywhere (even on phone), the later option gives flexibility and allows the inactive person to just log into the forums.

But like I said, I see your point

I agree with this statement despite the suggestion. My original suggestion is to allow contracts of an original town owner on archive can allow the other user to do a WE app on their town, but that would've had more complications than what I suggested.

I mean, that wiki statement was created with the first archive world in mind before WE apps were even a thought. The original archive was supposed to be a museum of sorts, but the WE apps, archive is more than a museum now.

And unless I am mistaken, the purpose of WE apps were a way to continue projects from an unforeseen reset (especially since we all thought we weren't going to reset ever again, or at least for many, many years). I understand the formalities and restrictions, but at the same time, isn't the point to promote the builds?

But regardless, even I have my doubts from this suggestion. It's tough to have a solution for something like this. Even though this isn't necessary a problem for me (I just used myself as an example), I can see it being a problem for someone in the future.

11. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    My personal interpretation is the builds are meant to be continued on the archive server, with the option to transfer them over if the town owner wants to do so, I think the main focus should be preserving the past rather than bringing it back. It's always been required to transfer ownership of towns that a user wants to have control over, so if someone didn't do that on time before the reset then that's on them.

Another thing I didn't think of with my first comment is this would open up the possibility to sell towns on archive, since you could just pay another user to transfer their archive town the same way you would a town on the current world. If Andrew is okay with that then cool, but to me it goes against the whole "preservation/museum" atmosphere that archive is supposed to have if we open up a market for archived towns.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This will need to be reviewed by @ClarinetPhoenix who will then make a decision.

13. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I do not want any sort of town applications being a thing on Archive, other than this world edit one.
    So no, I will not be allowing Archive Town Transfers.

However, I understand the desire to transfer in multi-town group projects from users who were working together to build something amazing.
    I don't want to make official rules/changes for allowing just anyone to transfer any town in, far too many problems with it and this app really is reserved for those who truly have something they are attached to be transferred over.

This suggestion seems to be wanting a change to the system for what is likely a small number of cases - multi-town/user build projects
    Therefore, such as so, if you had a multi-town group project, with multiple official owners. Feel free to forum PM me the situation and I'll take a look and see what's up. I rather approve these large-project transfers on a case-by-case basis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.