[Applications] We need YOUR help building a new PvP arena

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UnitedStates2, May 3, 2019.

1. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Hey guys!

We're currently building a 100x100 space dedicated to hosting PvP matches. A few days ago I asked you all what you'd want in a future PvP area, and the consensus is overwhelmingly behind building a large plus a few smaller ones to host private 1v1s, so we'll be building that. But obviously we can't build this all ourselves and will need a hand in doing so. In other words, we need YOUR help building a new PvP arena!

And yes, in addition to helping build a nice PvP environment for ECC and getting credit for it, there'll be other rewards offered as well: Those who help us with this project will earn giftcards for the store as a reward for their time and effort. Obviously this won't come at any cost to you either, as we (the ServerAdmin team) will spawn in blocks per request as needed.

But enough of the background details. Let's bring back PvP to ECC!

What we're looking for:

• Users who can work in a team
    • Users who have discord/are active on it
    • Dedicated users who want to help us build a fun PvP enviroment
    • Users who are experienced with PvP and PvP arenas
    • Creativity!
    Rules:
    • Make sure to check in with the SAs/Team Leaders before making any major changes
    • All important communications regarding the project should be conducted on the discord server for it.
    • Don't troll or abuse anything. This will not only remove you from the team, but ECC and its services as well.
    And here's the application:
    Code:
    Username:

Discord:

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?:

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?:

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?:

Thanks for reading!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. CrafterPoot

CrafterPoot Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    Username: CrafterPoot
    Discord: Julian1602#6467
    Idea: Making a good bow spot! so you can make your bow skills better! And little hiding spots so you can hide if you are gonna smack the bow guy with your tools!
    Theme: Summer day in the Forest, But with not to much trees!
    I have not to much PvP skills but I know very good how it works!
    I am not a major [almost] but I helped with much towns and big farms! I help a lot of people with building/design their houses!
    I hope I can help with it! and make my first big building!

3. pauldersgate

pauldersgate Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +30
    Username: pauldersgate

Discord: Paul Jensen #8133

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: Even if I'm not on the build team, I'd like to see options in the large arena. By that I mean there should be distinct, unique areas that you can take fights in order to challenge your opponents to match you in various skills. Examples would be something like a small pond with lily pads spread on the surface. Sword dueling on the pond would require accurate jumping or else you would be put at a disadvantage (in the water). Similarly there could be elements of parkour that lead to an area that's relatively safe, rewarding skilled climbers with a place to heal up to continue a fight. Possibly a maze of some sort for some mind games and trickery? I just don't want to see a bland space where every fight is the same.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: I worked on a spawn similar to ECC's lobby as well as a large castle on a previous (now dead) server.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: Yes

4. MayhemCrafter

MayhemCrafter Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Username: MayhemCrafter

Discord: Ruben#6059

One area with many different biomes like Jungle, Nether, Village etc.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: Towns and spawns on my own worlds. Ofcourse I can’t build everything unfortunately but I’d like to help out where ever it’s necessary and do what I’ve been told to do.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: Yes, I did.

5. ApexViperm16

ApexViperm16 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +16
    Username: Apexviperm16

Discord:Apex Viper#2183

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: haveing parkore for the archers out there and buildings so there is close quarter fights and all round fun

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: currently im building a huge farm area for bristol ive sat and made walled off village and cathedrals

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: yes i have and fully understand

6. sha256sum

sha256sum Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +0
    Username: sha256sum

Discord: Anarchist#4626

To create a sort of multi-biome snow globe for players to PvP with the entry point to the arena in the center and 360 degrees of entry to reduce spawn camping.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?:
    I’ve worked on mostly personal projects through various worlds building things such as a replica of the coliseum, PvP maps for console back in the resigning days, and the lobby of my server that I use for testing. In terms of the ECC server I’ve only really partially built the tree farm floor at /warp farm which doesn’t allow much creativity.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?:
    I have read through the thread, and gone over the rules and I appreciate the opportunity and I’ll look forward to working with all of you.

7. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +354
  8. TBro7

TBro7 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +4
    Username: TBro7

Discord: PunyPenguin #9933

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: I would like to see elements of every type of PvP, high points for those who like bows, low flat parts for those who want to brute force, small and large hills to fit people's style, various parts of the map with parkour spots so the more skilled players can take the advantage or get away from situations, water areas with possible underwater caves and maybe an entire underground arena (maybe 20x20) that is only accessible if you swim through those caves and pop up. In those caves, it would be cool to see little 1x1 block areas where people could potentially escape from enemies, also it would be nice to have this in the above ground PvP arena. As for the 1v1 arenas, long-ish and skinny-ish arenas where each arena is good for a specific skill set. Some could be parkour oriented, some flat ground, and some could be mostly used for bow and arrow fights. There could be various themes, but I think the basic that would attract the most people would be normal plains/oak biomes. Maybe some parts of the large map could have small dense forests with secret escape paths, where others could be wide open for all to see. There could also be a few sky islands that you would have to complete hard-ish parkour to get up to, enforcing the use of bows in the arena. There could even be a completely underwater arena for those who like to use tridents, just as long as there is a conduit, or maybe not and that's part of the challenge! I'm ranting at this point, but those are some ideas I have for an arena and I'm sure I could come up with more.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: Ummm... Other than large houses and projects on my own worlds in the past, not really any... But you've gotta start somewhere, right?

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: Mmmhmmmmmm :D

9. LeosZombie

LeosZombie Builder

Ratings:
    +20
    Username: LeosZombie

Discord: LeosZombie#2621

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: I was hoping maybe we could do the map maybe like a valley of some sort so we can have natural looking walls

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: I haven't done anything really on servers but I've built many different things in singleplayer varying from landscape to redstone monstrosities.

10. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Username: Drewbo_

Discord: Drew#0436

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: To make it good

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: archive: /warp horseisle, /warp gold, /home Drewbo_:newvault

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: yea

11. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,515
    Username: bobbyblack

Discord: yes

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: good ones.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: i literally spent hours rebuilding spawn from the ground up while others were trolling and making meme signs in a ghast.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: ye dawg

12. linrntrn

linrntrn Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +38
    Username: linrntrn

Discord: linrntrn#3262

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: I would want to encourage some natural looks, or basically moving away from scenes being overdone artificially to where building is valued before player fighting.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: Nothing major, I usually do smaller builds among a larger scene, which could be applicable here. I've spent a lot of time terraforming for natural looks in the past.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: yes

13. Enegek

Enegek tbone199205 in the house
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +345
    Username: Enegek

Discord: Enegek#4568

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: Making an urban environment with small apartment styled buildings, that surround a park in the center. The buildings would have stairwells that lead to the rooftops to allow fighting on them. Players would be able to traverse the different rooftops by jumping the small gaps between them. Bow players would also be able to use the rooftops to fire upon those fighting in the streets. The park in the center will be more open to allow for open field pvp. Underneath the city will be a sewer system to allow for a more cat/mouse style of pvp if you're so inclined.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: I've built a replica of the Resident Evil 1 mansion on the archive server, as well as have submitted both a spawn and pvp map for server competitions in the past.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: I have

14. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
  15. Fon_

Fon_ Kindhearted Shade
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    Username: Fon_

Discord: Fon_#6842

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: I thought about an abandoned small village with some high buildings to bow lovers, with a big main square for close combat surrounded by some narrow streets that could have some sort of parkour to get away from a fight. A part of the town would be ruined flooded by a swamp to have some sort of water influenced combat.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: I used to be a mod/builder in a server and built a medieval harbour town, I also have helped with some small server's spawns. I'm also experienced with landscaping. In the server archive I helped Trevalynfar build a Graveyard (13892 -9990).

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: Yes, I have.

16. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Accepted.

17. Shikamaru7273

Shikamaru7273 Builder

Ratings:
    +10
    Username: Shikamaru7273

Discord: Shikamaru7273#6580

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: I envision a team-based PVP arena, possibly with class/build options. It could also be turned into a tournament event with rewards for the highest scoring teams. In terms of a map, I would like to see a Nether-themed castle arena. I would also like to see mobs incorporated into PVP, especially in a Nether castle.

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: Absolutely none. Aside from the small chess boards I put in all of my towns, this would be my first major project. However, I am eager to get involved and make a positive contribution. I also look forward to learning a thing or two from the more skilled builders.

18. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Accepted.

We're still looking for more applicants! Feel free to apply.

19. riku1301

riku1301 Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ XIII
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +382
    @UnitedStates2 I kept my old entries to the last pvp arena contest if you're interested.

20. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    Username: Quackk

Discord: WET LIKE WADA#6775

What ideas do you have for the PvP project?: Creative terrain and appealing builds to make the pvp environment enjoyable on top of functional

What major build projects have you worked on in the past?: I build a lot... I've helped with the new spawn, I did the custom trees along with improving terrain and buildings here and there. I've had many build projects on this server and other servers, including a building service on here and building small maps for other servers. Building is basically my big reason for playing Minecraft and I have a lot of experience, I may be awful at pvp but I obviously know what needs to be in a pvp map for it to be its best as I've played the game for 6 years.

Have you read this thread in depth including the rules?: Yessir

#20 Quackk, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019