anvil making me exit out

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by LegoGamerPlayz12, May 31, 2020.

1. LegoGamerPlayz12

Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey there.
    I have been spending 2 hrs on trying to combine my enchanted boots and helmet, but the anvil keeps kicking me out even while not pressing shift and clicking. during this process i lost my levels, and only way i found to get my levels back was leave the server and rejoin.

Thank you for helping me out.

2. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Were both of these items owned by you? If so could you please post the /own ID
    In addition, what are the enchants on the items you are trying to combine, and what time/timezone where you trying to combine these items at?

3. LegoGamerPlayz12

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes both were /owned by me here are the ID (diamond helmet) #KAUNOT59 (diamond helmet no.2) #KAUNOA10 (diamond boots) #KAUNOBH4 (diamond boots no.2) #KAUNOWUH. my diamond helment had respiration 3 and diamond helmet no.2 had unbreaking 3 and aqua affinity,
    diamond boots had feather falling 4 and diamond boots no.2 had protection 2 unbreaking 3. And the time was around 12 am est 30th may in mainnorth

#3 LegoGamerPlayz12, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  4. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    I'm not 100% sure with anvil combining mechanics, but from what I understand, you can't combine 2 /own'd items with ID's, as it would delete the ID of one or both tools. I may be wrong however and someone can correct me, as I have never actually combined enchanted items with an anvil on main servers.

Either way, the fact your levels comes back after relogging indicates that you actual xp (determined from the command /xp) remains unchanged. Sometimes when using anvils for naming items, my xp on both levels and xp on tab is slightly off. However this is only a visual issue, and you can always get a correct / exact amount of xp using /xp or /exp

#4 kenny0011, May 31, 2020
  5. LegoGamerPlayz12

Ratings:
    +5
    i had around 49 lvl, when i tried combining it i went to 34lvl something like that and didnt give me the combined enchantment item, only way i can get it back was rejoining, if andrew could fix this as soon as he could would be great. Thank you guys for replying.

#5 LegoGamerPlayz12, May 31, 2020
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If you got the exp "back" after rejoining then you didn't lose it in the first place - this is just a visual bug and there's likely not anything to be done. Always verify your exp using /exp. The number of levels your client shows you at a given time is pretty irrelevant.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    There is nothing to fix in this report.
    As your exp is back on relogging, this indicates it is a visual glitch.

@STAFF-04 Server Admin / @STAFF-05 Co-Owner can investigate however and let me know if two owned tools can be combined. (I'm not exactly sure myself, but I don't believe it should be possible.)

8. LegoGamerPlayz12

Ratings:
    +5
    Ok, i made one /own and other /own removed so it still doesnt let me combine, then i /own remove both still doesnt work, could be a technical issue i think? anways, thanks for replying what kind of issue it was.

9. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    when removing a own on an item the item id still stays, it just isn't registered to your name anymore, which may cause it to not work with an anvil.
    On a side note I am unsure if it has since been changed, but shift clicking while using anvil kicks you out I believe this was added back in the day to prevent some sort of bug however I am unsure as it has been a while. (Also I havent used a anvil in months can do some testing once I am home.)

#9 Pab_Jr, Jun 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  10. LegoGamerPlayz12

Ratings:
    +5
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
  12. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    You aren't able to combine two tools with seperate IDs in an anvil, regardless of ownership (and besides, you can't use a tool that has an ID that isn't owned by you in an anvil regardless).

Basically, if a tool has an item ID, in an anvil it cannot:
    - Be used at all unless you are the owner of it
    - Be combined with another tool that has an ID, regardless of ownership
    - Be used in the 2nd slot even if owned by you (related to the above)