Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Weekly economy increases w/ Wan. Trader

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Aug 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Weekly economy increases w/ Wan. Trader
    What are you suggesting:
    Every week, make the Wandering Trader (or even a new thing) have an item (or items) be worth significantly more than its base value. Basically, what Wandering Trader has been doing recently, but a week ling and with unlimited money.

In addition, I also suggest maybe making a competition each week with it that the top three sellers of that item gets a prize like extra ECD, crate keys, maybe exclusive lored items of that specific item (like if it is diorite that week a lored diorite that says "top diorite seller"). To go one step further from that, maybe even a prize if you sell a significant amount of an item (like, every 10k diorite you sell to the Wandering Trader, you get a bonus 10k added to your forum bank). Basically, add an incentive to sell these items, even if the items themselves would sell for less than other items.

NOTE: I am saying weekly at this point, but it doesn't need to be weekly. It can be once every two weeks, but just make it frequent enough to diversify people's grinding habits

NOTE2: I say weekly as the competition should last at least a week. I am not against making it something like a few items and it lasts a month, and the winner of each item gets the prize.

NOTE3: I am still gonna say weekly for sake of the suggestion
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are a lot of reasons actually:

1.) It can stop people from only grinding things like melons and fish all the time and diversify what is being grinded
    - Two major issues with our current economy is those with magic (or even star) tools grinding a specific item all the time and that the economy only revolves around those tools. By doing something like this, items can be items that don't need a magic (or even star) tool to grind a lot of and give newer/poorer players a more even chance. Plus, adding the competition each week with an incentive at the end can ensure people sell items to the Wandering Trader (even if they make less money for doing so).

2.) Shittier items would be more valuable, even if they sell for less per hour over other grinding methods
    - Same reasons as the last point. Especially with a competition attached each week, that item would be much more sought after, even if they make less money grinding it

3a.) It will make people more active in ECC to grind
    - A lot of people come back online for competitions, so a weekly competition would be perfect as it would keep people online longer per week

3b: It will make shop owners be more active in ECC to keep in touch with current prices
    - One obvious problem on the surface is that shop owners that put their shitty items in a chest shop to stew and possibly make passive income would sell out fast. I take that more as a positive as events like the Scavenger Hunt Events make sure these items that almost never sell get sold (even if their buy price is higher than the sell price). The shop owners can be more active to change the prices (because I expect that the item that is worth more would be announced more than 24hrs out), or at the very least, the passive income would increase a little for these people.

4.) Depending on the item, it will reduce the reliance on the OP magic/star tools and give newer/poorer players a chance to make more money, or at the very least, make it so shittier magic tools get an edge
    - There are a lot of items out there that no magic tool would give an advantage for, so choosing good items can make people stop using their magic tools. Plus, if it items like my diorite example again, Eff7/magic picks do give an advantage, but not that much.

5.) Again, it stops people from only fishing or farming melons/netherwart every single magic day/hour
    - Add another item that would be valuable will hopefully diversify grinding. It won't kill the OP methods of grinding, but it will make people possibly use other magic tools on magic day, if not skip magic day all together if there is a competition

6.) Items with no sell value will be worth something and people will use valuable items or stockpiled items for extra money/competition
    - Using an example, if the item was gold hoes, then there would be less gold hoes out there and people would craft their gold into hoes (which the hoe itself could be worth less than two ingots, but in the name of competition would make people want to do it more)

7.) Takes more items out of the economy
    - Opposed to chest shops, this would take the items completely out of the economy
    Other information:
    Again, the main suggestion is just a Wandering Trader weekly that makes a certain item worth more to diversify grinding. The competition is just another something I thought of that would make this method more appealing

And again, in terms of the competition, it doesn't have to be weekly nor last only a week. I do think that it should last at least a week and I do think it should be frequent.

And if it can be done without chest shops so you can sell 24/7 without needing to empty the chests (and still record sell numbers), that would be amazing
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    I have thought something like this would be a cool idea but at the same time your description is exactly VMR so I imagine admin wants to keep the two servers/game modes separate. -1

3. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    -1 we dont need more ways to inflate the economy

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    My suggestion is to have a weekly increase in price to certain items (like how Wandering Trader is doing stuff recently, but with unlimited money and a set time limit). That is not VMR

I know you are referring to the competition. That is a secondary suggestion that can be tacked on as an incentive for wanting to sell these "certain items" instead of the two grinding methods everybody does. If you have a counter-idea to give it more incentive over mass grinding of two specific grinding methods that only the elite do, I'm open ears :)

#4 Jdawger, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  5. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Tell me how this would inflate the economy if shitty items are worth a little more each week (especially since Clar has been doing it like crazy recently), and the sell price of them decreases back to their original value? I am not suggesting making dirt worth $10 a piece, but maybe like $0.30 or $0.50 a piece (as opposed to its $0.05 price)

"it would inflate the economy" is pretty vague in terms of a disagreement, and I could agree with you if you tell me how it would

#5 Jdawger, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Rather than putting this on the server side I rather keep Wandering Trader as a random event, that's the whole idea of the "wandering" part. You never know when he's going to show up.
    A weekly contest of "which items are valuable to grind" is just another VMR and we don't need more versions of VMR.

I will be looking to make some changes to how I run Wandering Trader as this suggestion has given me some ideas, marked in-progress.

7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Wandering Trader will be making appearances again very soon with new challenges and prizes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.