Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Treasure Collector Medal Prestige

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by minergonenutz0, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minergonenutz0

minergonenutz0 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +9
    In Game Name:
    Minergonenutz0
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Treasure Collector Medal Prestige
    What are you suggesting:
    Having all Treasure Collector Medals count as a prestige rank.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    the players who achieve such medals should be rewarded with a prestige. It will give hardcore players another prestige to work for along with giving the metals some meaning. I feel like getting all the Treasure Collector Medals is very difficult and only top players can achieve such status.
    Other information:
    this will also help the economy because it will get rid of thousands of emerald blocks, diamond blocks along with nstars, wich people would rather sell to the server/ player shops.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    No
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    That is something that can be bought by the rich players in a matter of days.
    Prestige should be earned through hard work and as seen most recently with Koko, he obtained his medal within a couple weeks at most and with 0 effort.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    As opposed to the other prestiges which rich players can pay others to complete for them anyway (with like, the sole exception of SG)?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. minergonenutz0

minergonenutz0 Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    the ecolegend prestige is also just one for rich players so would that be considered a bad idea or just to easy for rich players?

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 been suggested many times before, and denied hard each time. I rather not have a pay-to-win prestige (or whatever you want to call it).

6. minergonenutz0

minergonenutz0 Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    it is also very difficult to find shops that that amount of stock available, so unless you waited for shops to re-stock there would be a grind aspect to it

7. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Well, have an X-ray texture pack and you can easily cheat your way to the prestige. That’s not grinding and something I would like.

#7 Jdawger, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  8. minergonenutz0

minergonenutz0 Builder

Ratings:
    +9
    X-ray would still take forever to get the emeralds and wouldn't help with the nstars

9. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Emeralds aren’t as hard as you think, and you can get the nstars pretty fast with ore exp, especially when it’s emerald and diamond ores dropping it

10. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    X-ray would also get you banned... so...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Doesn’t mean people can get away with it. I’ve known someone who used an X-ray texture pack for almost a year on ECC (or so he claimed) before being caught.

Point is, just because it is illegal doesn’t mean people wont try, and even if one person gets away with it, that’s bad news for ECC. I predict if we make this a prestige, more people will attempt to cheat to obtain it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  12. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    This is a silly argument -- money is the end all, be all of ECC. Are you saying people who wouldn't cheat for money would cheat for prestige?

13. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
  14. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I'm not saying people won't cheat for ECD or that nobody has done that in the past, but if you add a prestige, one of--if not the--highest award one can achieve in ECC, to something that people can easily "hack" (not to mention one of the easiest methods to not get caught with), then that can be an issue in my opinion. Yes, you can argue that the EcoLegend prestige can also be "hacked" with this method in question, but there are other ways of collecting mass ECD without the use of hacks. This one specifically deals with mining (diamond, emerald, and arguably the nstar collector medals), which as I mentioned can be an easy "hack" that our GA+ team can easily miss (like I said, I had a friend who stated that they used this hack method for almost a year without being caught, and the only way he got caught was because he posted a screenshot with the xray still on, not because his method was found in the wild).

To sum up what I mean, people would still use this method regardless if we have this prestige or not. I'm just afraid that if we have an incentive like a prestige, people might use this as a means of obtaining it faster, because in the end, many people will try to expedite the process, even if that means using illegal methods without being caught. True, not everyone would/will cheat, but who's to say that people won't try.

15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I am re-considering this. Hmm...

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  16. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    do it

17. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    You can buy exp with usd, which then leads into straight nstars. Thats something that each and every other prestige (with the exception of the mcmmo prestige) cannot do.
    You can buy ranks on skyblock to help you to get prestige. You can buy keys on vmr to help you get items. You can buy kits on sg to help you win games. Regardless of which prestige, you still need to put a considerable amount of effort into getting the prestige if youre getting it by yourself.
    Although getting ecolegend is something you can directly pay for, if you want to spend $1000 for ecolegend alone, that's a whole other discussion. Not many people are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a prestige when they can grind it and not spend irl money.
    If youre paying someone else, although arguably "lazy," youre paying someone to grind away for you. Theyre still putting in the effort. The treasure collector medal can be an effortless medal. Have a spare $300 or so? You can buy all the nstars you need. Youre putting in the amount of effort it takes to purchase something on the store.
    While yes, you can argue that buying diamonds and emeralds can be considered "paying someone for their service" of mining up the goods, you probably aren't paying a single player, instead opting to buy out multiple shops, which isn't a grind for a sole person or two that vmr and skyblock provide.

tldr:
    You can't buy a prestige in a day with the exception of mcmmo and ecolegend, and even then, that's a couple thousand dollars that you would need to put up (assuming you are starting from nothing). This prestige would add to those but also cost considerably less than the other two. It goes against the basic principle of prestiges where you have to actually spend time grinding in order to get them.

18. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If your sole concern is "it's too cheap", we could include the crate master medal.

19. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    I could get onboard with that, but it would still be possible within a day depending on how much money you have.
    The issue isnt that its cheap, the issue is that prestiges are meant to be a grind, regardless if youre the one doing it or not. Like sure, having mcmmo and ecolegend be possible with a couple thousand usd is a “workaround” to it, its one that not many people can do. Theoretically, your suggestion of making it more expensive is good, but still makes it fully possible to do within a day.
    Mojang keys would really be the only things truly inflating the usd component. You can buy eggs and star crate gear for cheaper than buying an egg crate and hoping for star crate rolls from god keys. Overall the ecd cost could be less then ecolegend if you get decent deals.
    I’d be more of a fan if there was a stipulation saying that out of the 9, you had to choose between highly priced tools, like a melon sword, eff7, loot4 sword/axe, etc. Or even like a “choose 2” just so at least the amount youre spending is more equal to what ecolegend costs.

20. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    @Zedoker While I largely agree with your points, the issue of the fact is that, for the vast majority of prestige, you can buy prestige off other people anyways. EcoLegend and McMMO are directly purchasable with sufficient USD spending, and all VMR and SkyBlock prestige can be purchased off of other people with ECD in exchange for their labor. I have personally made half a dozen contracts selling items on VMR to other players so that they may obtain prestige, and have watched others purchase SkyBlock prestige in full. The benefit of this method of prestige is that it takes goods out of circulation outright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.