Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Town/town portal app change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicklepot18, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    In Game Name:
    Nicklepot18
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Town/town portal app change
    What are you suggesting:
    In the town to town portal application it is asked for the owners of both towns to agree to the making of a portal. But if you are a mayor you can't even see the application as it is locked for only presidents and up. Therefore if a president is applying for a portal to a town owners by aayor only, the major can not go onto the forum application to approve the application. This happened to me recently where application process was stalled because I was a mayor. The application was not approved until I reached out to a GA who said I had to reply on the forums but when I told them the current dilemma they were forced to ask in game permissions which was not optimal. In all I simply ask that mayors be allowed to view portal applications just not be able to apply for one. This seems simple enough but I can explain more if necessary. I think this is just a small problem but I do believe it needs to be solved as it is a problem and a wrong bit of application process.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Because it is a problem that need a to be solved. It is not a bug but simply a problem and wrong information.
    Other information:
    Pm me if more info is needed.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Just wanting that the forum application to be changed.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I don't think its a wrong bit of application process, just an oversight when the rules concerning the town ownership was changed. Not many Mayors actually go for Town-Town portal links, this is actually the first case I've seen of it.

There's a couple of solutions:
    Town-Town are supposed to be exclusively for President+ town owners and this should remain a thing, meaning you would need to rank up to be able to participate in this application in the future. However I see little benefit of this.

Town-Town Portals can be for all town owners, but a modification should be added to the GA application process that if the owner of one of the towns is a Mayor then a forum PM/in-game contact for approval of the portal-pair should be obtained. It is not uncommon for applications to await this sort of approval, after all Town Claim applications have a three day waiting period to confirm the activity of the current town owners in question.
    The user applying for the town-town pair should be President+, but I see no reason to not allow them to link to an existing town even if its only owned by a Mayor.

The next solution is to move Town-Town Portals down to the Mayor+ level and this solves this problem without any additional work from anyone and allows players of all town owner ranks to link up their towns should they wish.

#2 ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  3. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    I think this brings up an intresting quirk in the language used in the requirements of the app.

From my reading of this line, the official owner of the second town does not need to give permission to add a linking portal from another town, and instead being on the owners list of the second town is in of itself enougth to allow for addition of a portal. This is in a similar manner to the old zoning laws, where anyone listed on the owners list in /rg i could give permission for neighboring town placement (as oppose to requiring the official owner).

#3 kenny0011, Jan 11, 2021
  4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    In that case, the system is fine. Any Mayor can add the user who is filing for the Town-Town pair as an owner to their town
    Just need to make sure when the application is being processed that all the rules and regulations are being followed.

5. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 Its unfair to make the GA take time off of being afk to manage overtly complicated applications.

6. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    @ClarinetPhoenix What i am talking about is a wee bit different then what I think you are referring to. First of all the only reason I am suggesting this is because one was needed for the event called hobowars. A portal was needed from the town that had the warp to the actual town that had hobowars. I did this on purpose as i did not want to rank up to president as i like the color green more than yellow. So i decided to rank up an irl friend who plays the server to build the portal, this user (indef2) was the owner of the town i built the warp in. So i simply leveled him up so he could become president. Then he applied for the portal under my guidance and I noticed the proving of this application was of substancial time because I have been in close contact with indef2 and he informed me nothing had happened. There fore i was forced to contact a GA in this case it was @TaylorBros22 they told me that I needed to approve the building of a portal in my town. Then i brought it up and told him that I was a mayor and couldn't view the application. Taylor was confused and when i explained it more they told me my in game approval would work. So in this suggestion I only want for Mayors to be able to view portal applications, not to actually be able to make one but to View them. I think this would be a simple change and not hurt anything and would clear up confusion. Regarding what was said by @kenny0011 i was never confused by that line but when I further inspected it, it became apparent that there would be some confusion. But that is up to an owner discretion. Anyhow i just want mayors to be able to view portal applications that is all.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    Mayors should now be able to view the Presidents+ section, however, should not be able to apply for things nor post threads. If you find this is not the case @Nicklepot18 please create a ticket via https://ecocitycraft.com/help.

As well would be nice if you could test if posting in threads (not making new ones) works for you in the Presidents+ section.

#7 andrewkm, Jan 11, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.