Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    In Game Name:
    kkha
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Spawn market shops
    What are you suggesting:
    Stricter rules for shop owners.

I've seen the same shops, same chests empty from day to day at /market. And the rules says:

"Shop Activity Rules:
    (Not following these rules risks eviction)
    Must be online and active, at least 7 hours a week.
    Must constantly have a minimum of 10 fully stocked chests of unique items in your store.
    Must restock empty chests within 72 hours, or remove them."
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Well, since spawn trade shops are exclusive, it should also be hard for players to keep them on track, to make it easier for others to maybe gain a shop there, for this i suggest that all chests with a shop sign on it can not be empty for more than 24 hours, and the fact that this risk eviction, should be replaced with immediate eviction.
    Other information:
    This would make it more challenging for players to own a trade shop, and also make it easier for new players to find items there, items that i've seen day after day sold out, with no actual sign of been restocked.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom edition of exisiting rule.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    While I agree that spawn shops should be stocked 24/7 seeing as there are only 10. I think only having a period of 24 hours to restock is too short of a time. Everyone has a life outside of ECC. What I think should happen is, staff need to be more strict with spawn shops. I am sure there are some owners who are not active 7 hours a week, and i am sure some chests are empty for 72 hours plus. +1 to stricter spawn shop expectations.

3. DTM06797 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +22
    I agree with this post. 'It should also be hard for players to keep them on track, to make it easier for others to maybe gain a shop'.
    Giving others more opportunity to get a shop there I think would be cool.

4. kkha Norwegian Country Man

Ratings:
    +150
    Yes, we all got a life outside ECC, but its like been in staff, they got 2h daily online time atleast, there should be like a 1-2 hours daily online time on market shops aswell, and a 24h restock time, i dont say full restock, but like 1-2 stacks of an item, depends on how much of a quantity they sell the items for.

Rules should be even more strict for the 4 shops that are bigger on each server, and aswell i suggest a weekly price raise from 5000 on the small ones to 7500, and for bigger ones from 10000 to 15000, this also to make it more challenging.

As when i see the spawn trade market shops, they're not hardcore like ECC is, they should be alot stricter, and gameadmins should check them atleast twice a day.

5. oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I think the problem is enforcement, not the rules themselves. It also sounds like a hassle for staff to keep a spreadsheet of who is active/what chests are stocked. We as a community probably need to start filing complaints/letting staff know when a shop owner is inactive and chests are empty.

6. kkha Norwegian Country Man

Ratings:
    +150
    Then we have the wrong staff members or to few of them. This is a GameAdmins duty.

7. TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Whilst handling Spawn Shop Applications is a GA responsibility, GAs do not have the power to see a users average play time, this is a SA thing (SAs have a lot to do as it is too, so not blaming them).

We can use the count to see in chests (but GAs are unable to see inside locked chests, so until recently, we weren't able to check stock either) however when we're doing applications and general gameplay jobs/moderation this does sometimes get overlooked.

I think the answer to this is better enforcement of the rules, rather than reducing the amount of time to restock. 24 hours is too short. As Bobby said, people have lives and are not staff members (so should not be held to the same standards of online time) so I think 7 hours a week is fine as it is, 1h a day is manageable.

I would agree as a team us GAs need to be on top of checking stock of spawn shops, which is something I'll raise with the rest of the team and we'll start doing - with 3/4 of the team being new GAs and still adapting to the new position, it's taken a back seat whilst we get in the flow of things. However, if you do notice shops are unstacked in the market and have been for a while, please do contact a GA as we can look into it. We do have an awful lot to do sometimes (not an excuse, just the truth) so it does get overlooked.

8. kkha Norwegian Country Man

Ratings:
    +150
    I fully understand, but the rulles are easy, if you cant follow them, dont apply for a spawn shop, and 1-2h a day is manageable, aswell as restocking it within 24h is also, this is what i think, since those are so exclusive shops, they should be alot harder to maintain.

9. DCxCyBeR Lead GameAdmin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +220

The issue here is if someones shop gets heavily bought out in my opinion it is unreasonable to expect said player to have to restock the shop so quickly. There is also the fact that players may need a day off from the server due to irl implications and having such short deadlines would be difficult to manage.

With the addition of shopdb the days of struggling to find stock for items is drastically reduced.

For me it sounds like the issue isnt stock availability but rather the limited number of spawn shops.

10. kkha Norwegian Country Man

Ratings:
    +150
    I agree on alot, and the limited shops are good, if they get atleast followed up alot more strict.

I myself own a shop in mn, and i can see alot of problems with my own suggestion, but this is what i see as needed improvements, as owning a spawn shop should be more time consumpting, aswell as more hardcore.

11. iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,253
    Running a spawn station is hard, you really need to put a lot of effort in every day to keep the chests stocked, for this reason, the current guidelines are more than fair, thus I would be very hesitant in making the time to restock rules shorter.

When it comes to enforcement of making sure that people restock chests, only Fury and I can do that, since we can see inside chests, we do try and do it every week, and in general, just keep an eye on player shop activity to make sure someone isn't "wasting" a spot.
    Stemming from this, Fury and I will be doing stock chests more often.

Leaving this open as constructive conversations are happening :D

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  12. kkha Norwegian Country Man

Ratings:
    +150
    I partly agrees, but maybe it should be possible for GA's also to do this duty, making it easier to control, aswell as i think restocking times should be lowered to atleast 36-48 hours, this to make it more fair as its a spawn shop, it should be harder, and also add a rule that empty chests should be removed if not restocked within the limit, and then also be stricter on evictions.

13. TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    GAs currently can't do this as we do not have the correct permissions to do so.

If we have different times for restocking and activity, it just gets confusing. As I've said already, I think the current 7 hours per week is more than fair, remember restocking involves not just filling chests but gathering the materials (and crafting if required) and also checking prices and adjusting if necessary. Whilst I do agree spawn shops should be for active users, enforcing such short deadlines will most likely dissuade users from applying and it won't help with enforcement either. It's all well and good making these rules, but they then have to be enforced. With this suggestion, we'd need the SAs to check more or less everyday and, in all honesty, they have better things to do being. One check a week (helped by GAs using the Count feature on chestshop) should be sufficient. As I said before, it's just a case of this actually being done.

I do agree we need to be stricter on evictions if someone doesn't fulfil the required activity and 10 stocked chest shops

14. kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    With the full roll out of shopdb now pretty much live, it's now easier than ever to run a non-spawn shop with a bit of good advertising. Hell, the largest prestige shops are non spawn shops, and seem to thrive just as well.

Putting in overly strict requirements of playtime would in my opinion kill the spawn shop market. Why should I pay 15k a week for my spawn stations, when I can effectively run the same shop at own private warps.

As for historic action on spawn shops, again it was very much impossible to check the activity requirements, with only SA's being able to check chests, and generally hard to track non-staff play times (both of these have recently changed however, with chestshop counters that anyone can veiw, and I also believe a new intenal tracking system that can give data on the spot of users playtime).

TBH it is ultimatley up to the GameAdmin team to decide upon what they are willing to do. Personally I would say that being overly strict on immediate evictions is no doubts going to cause backlash from people, and would generally be "bad press" for the administration. Time taken to actively monitor chests contents (both with counters and veiwing csn history) are both time consuming proccesses.

15. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    The @STAFF-04 Server Admin will have to review this and make a decision.
    Once done, it will be posted in this thread.

16. iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,253
    Whilst my above comment pretty much explains what I am going to comment below here, I will recap a little bit.

Running a pawnshop really hard work, to make decent profits you need to put at least 2+ hours a day into gathering and restocking chests. I am just not a fan of shrinking the deadlines that are expected from a user to restock a chest.

Plus if we were to lower this to 48-72hrs, that puts a huge, and unrealistic amount of work that only Fury and I can do, we are the only ones that can see chest contents, it is simply not feasible to go around the market multiple times a week and remember the contents of every chest. Aslong as most of the shop is in stock, then it's fine.

However we have came to the conclusion that we have not been enforcing the current rules/deadlines well enough, this is something we plan on changing and we will put more effort into making sure the market stations are being used by those who "deserve" them

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • List
    #16 iSneaky, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.