Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Slight Tweak to Item Filter Command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alcro_, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcro_

Alcro_ President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    In Game Name:
    Alcro_
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Slight Tweak to Item Filter Command
    What are you suggesting:
    I think it would make the item filter command a lot more useful if there was a way to ignore the item filter for certain slots or be able to customize what can be picked up in a slot.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I think this will make the item filter command more useful for non magic activates. When using the item filter command, I feel that there are many times when I want to pick up some of the ignored blocks.

For example, when mining, I always want pick up some stone for blocking stuff off but most of the time I want to ignore stone. Also when farming, I want to pick up some seeds along side the wheat.

I think this could be as simple as having a option to unlock the hotbar or as complicated as having a customizable gui where you can select which slots in your inventory are not filtered.

I think the most simple and balanced suggestion is just having and option to unfilter the hotbar.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    Could be useful, also think its slightly over complicated and probably too much hassle to implement

3. Alcro_

Alcro_ President

Ratings:
    +14
    That is why I think the simple option to un-filter the hot bar is the best option. I think that would be easier to implement. */itemfilter hotbar* Toggles hotbar on and off

4. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    While there are still some mods that do this, I like this idea being implemented into ECC as I do have this problem quite often where I want a stack of an item I don't want, but only a stack.

+1 from me

5. Alcro_

Alcro_ President

Ratings:
    +14
    I don't think mods and prevent you from picking something up. I believe it is a server side option that is needed. I could be wrong though.

6. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Entirely wrong. Client sided mods and server sided can both mess with inventories picking up items.

For VMR, I have a bunch of items blacklisted from me picking them up and they never even slightly enter my inv.

But either way, server sided additions would be the best option as helps everyone without client changing, etc, and not just a few who want it

#6 FwgKing, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    At this time, we will not be picking up such a project.
    This would require us to take over the ItemFilter code (public plugin) and rewrite a large portion of it.
    I'm simply not willing to do that right now given time constraints as well as financial direction towards other areas such as advertising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.