+75
    In Game Name:
    CP3fan1
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Slight Modification to Eviction Rules
    What are you suggesting:
    Upon talking to a mod, it was brought to my attention that it is the responsibility of the mayor to provide proof of adequate time before evicting a Resident. However, I believe that the plaintiff should bare the burden of proof. This is especially true since in game /mail doesn't delete from your inbox but you cannot retain messages you have sent.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I believe this would be a good change to the rules because in real law the burden of proof falls on the accuser, not the accused. If accused of wrongdoing, you shouldn't have to prove yourself innocent with the assumption that you are guilty, which is how the system seems to be set up now if my conversation with the mod is reflective of actual procedure. There's no system in place to stop someone who was lawfully evicted from bringing a case against a mayor who did not screenshot the notice and having that mayor punished out of spite. And yes, I understand you could just screenshot every notice but it seems very backwards to hold the standard of "guilty until proven innocent."
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,324
    The standard is not "guilty until proven innocent", it is just very easy for the mayor to provide proof they DID send an eviction notice and impossible for the resident to provide proof they DID NOT get an eviction notice. It takes all of 3 seconds to take a screenshot of a mail you send to a resident, and that's it. I really fail to see a problem here.

3. DoctorDavro Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +75
    I have to admit I completely omitted the possibility that no eviction notice was sent. I only accounted for an eviction notice but improper time given to move out. Is there a game log of sent mail though?

4. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Resident ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +60
    Pretty sure we aren't going to make SA dig through logs just to see if a resident has been given an eviction notice or not when our current system of the mayor simply giving an eviction notice and taking screenshots has been working fine for as long as I can remember.

5. Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    So in the real world... if you evict someone and they complain, you have to prove you evicted them legally...How does one prove a negative? Why should we make them prove a negative? Why should we make the staff prove a negative? There is a very simple answer, take screen shots when you do evictions. We make you take screens when you do transactions, when you own a tool, etc etc, just be responsible.

6. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    There is no need to change the current system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.