Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Sign Url binding.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WaffleMan22, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaffleMan22

WaffleMan22 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +10
    In Game Name:
    WaffleMan22
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Sign Url binding.
    What are you suggesting:
    Here's a suggestion for EcoCityCraft; i think that there should be feature that lets you attack a url link to a sign, or an unlockable GUI for this. This would be useful for rules on the forums and on the server at once. It could also be used for
    in-game services.By this i mean services like Parker's Rentals or Kenny's crop farm.Just bind a sign with an image platform link with a description of your ad.I suggest the GUI cost to be 16000 ecd, and Resident would be required. I understand that many suggestions will not be added, but I think this might be a good one :)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    As I mentioned, it could be useful for advertising in-game services on signs. It could be useful to advertise without filling the chat.
    Other information:
    If this seems to powerful, you can increase the cost and rank required :)
    Plugin or custom addition:
    This would probably be a custom addition.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    So a bit of testing suggests that this is already possible with town control flags.

By putting a micro 2x1 plot region on a button, and setting both an interact deny flag, and a custom deny-message flag with a link to a forum post, someone can then press the button to get the link to a forum thread which can then be clicked.

While not exactly what is being suggested here (i.e. not using a custom GUI), this method requires no custom coding (apart from usage of features already present in the town control features).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #2 kenny0011, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  3. icondigi

icondigi FuryFudge Lover
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,466
    I like the idea of this, being able to click a sign and have it send you a link would be super helpful and I could see it being used server-wide.

I feel like if it was possible it would've been done by now, but I'd love to support this idea and see if it could happen!

+1

4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    You can basically already do this with lift signs.

5. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    I've seen many already do this with lift signs. This was a while ago, but I believe it should still work. Simply put the link(or really any message) on Line 1 of the sign. Line 2 is where the normal [Lift Up/Down] goes. When someone uses the sign, whatever is on line 1 will appear in chat for them. If it is a link, it will act as any other link in chat and can be opened or copied(Assuming you have links enabled, of course). I believe the lift sign does not even need to connect to another lift sign for this to work. For those who do not know, the ExtCreations feature is required to be able to create lift signs.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Going off the above discussion, seems like it's already possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.