Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Shulker Box Access

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BobbyBlack, Oct 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Please try to research posts in the future to avoid posting misinformation that needs to be corrected.

This isn't surprising.

You've regularly posted against suggestions that would help newer players within the community. Its disappointing to see that a staff member wouldn't be interested in helping those with the least, but to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Yes, your right. shulkers aren't a game changing item. That is exactly why i'm wanting them to be of free use to all players. We have much better storage options such as pv/tb. Also, yes they can be placed by others, but the whole point of this is to return a vanilla feature back to everyone without having to pay for 3 whole features just to place them. We have two other storage donation features. No need to keep shulker boxes locked behind a paywall any longer.

3. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    So @TaylorBros22 what might have been our discussion is that due to the way storage works with Shulker boxes, they are ideal for duping items. If you find a dupe bug, like the travel bag one I found when they first came out, you're looking at easy near infinite duping that is hard to track.

That being said, the only thing worth duping on ECC imo is an ECC Tool, and almost always have ID codes. At this point, the difference between the haves and have nots is so vast, it seems increasingly silly to restrict access to a vanilla part of Minecraft. Andrew finds and handles dupe bugs easily so it shouldn't be that big of an issue imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Just to remind everyone, both old and new members of the community, to respect peoples opinions regardless of if you agree with them or not. Suggestions are a great place for debate and for also understanding/learning/clarifying information you previously didn't know or were misinformed about previously, everyone can be misinformed from time to time afterall. So lets be courteous to everyone along with staying on topic.
    If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to pm me about it to stay on topic in this suggestion.

------

I would personally like to see Shulker Access be given to all players. I see a lot of players ask for shulker chests when they first join the server and their first impressions of EcoCityCraft after hearing they have to essentially pay or grind to use a vanilla feature that has been in the game for awhile now is probably not good.

As someone previously stated though that the Creations++ Feature does become a little light in terms of features. This doesn't mean it needs removing, it does however create a opening for a possible new feature in regards to creativity to be added to the server.
    I did enquire to the Devs about possibly adding the ability to add holograms to your towns with this tier but they unfortunately cause lag issues with the server which is a shame.
    I also thought /kit smithmaster could have been added to that tier or maybe the Devs can look into something like xp storage in signs for creative++

But my point is removing something from a feature tier doesn't have to be looked at as a bad thing, it creates an opening that wasn't there.

So I am for giving access to Shulkers to new builders :)
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #24 Mission001, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Ok, alternative suggestion to make shulkers available for all but still benefit those who purchased the feature: what if everyone has the ability to place, break, and access shulkers as the suggestion suggests, but make those who have the feature be able to place them in Player Vaults and Travel Bags (maybe even go one step further and make it so those who have the feature are the only people who can store shulkers in chests, echests, and other vanilla storages)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Shulker boxes were placed behind a paywall due to tons of dupe bugs with them.
    Although fixes were coming out at the time, new issues with shulker boxes continued to appear.
    As it stands now, it seems all dupes have been fully fixed and attended to for quite a while.
    Therefore, I agree with this suggestion.

Shulker boxes are now available to all users on EcoCityCraft!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.