Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] [ShopDB] Minimum Shop Owner Balance Limit for ShopDB 'Buying' Listings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Volvith, Feb 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    In Game Name:
    Volvith
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    [ShopDB] Minimum Balance for Buying Entr
    What are you suggesting:
    That the entries for shop owners buying items do not appear on ShopDB unless there is a minimum of 50k in their /bal.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    To prevent spam.
    There are right now, several entries for ores and blocks on ShopDB, with great prices, from owners that have no money in their /bal.

To players without investigator, the problem is even worse, as they have to travel through sometimes up to 10 different warps to sell their items.

A minimum of 50k in the shop owner's /bal, as limit to which listings do and do not make it to ShopDB, would make the site a LOT more usable.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Volvith, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Shopdb would surely need extra permissions to actively check players balances which I doubt will be allowed.
    Would be a nice feature for the plugin but I doubt it would be allowed access to that kinda information.
    But who knows.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #2 Mission001, Feb 13, 2022
  3. Volvith

Volvith Mediator

Ratings:
    +161
    I'm not familiar with exactly how ShopDB functions under the hood, so exactly why would ShopDB needing what essentially amounts to Investigator level privileges be a problem?
    With the sheer quantity of players that own Inves, i don't see why the privacy aspect of it would be any kind of problem at all, and in my opinion something needs to change in order to make ShopDB more usable.

Is there anything i'm missing?

#3 Volvith, Feb 13, 2022
  4. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Isn't there a separate place to submit ShopDB stuff?

5. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #5 blazwura97, Feb 13, 2022
  6. Volvith

Volvith Mediator

Ratings:
    +161
    With just a glance at the nether star page on ShopDB, i don't think we should dismiss it just because we would be able to 'guage player balances' through it.

I don't think the privacy aspect of "this player has more than 50k in their /bal" is a sufficient argument to essentially leave ShopDB in it's current state; crippled.
    If not this, then i'd like to ask you what else, because dismissing a system that WILL fix a major problem with ShopDB in it's current form out of hand feels too easy to me.

If staff decided against this idea in the past, i would press them to seriously reconsider the idea, because with new players after advertising, this is only going to get worse with time.

#6 Volvith, Feb 13, 2022
  7. RubyChan

RubyChan Resident
    Resident ⛰️

Ratings:
    +6
    -1 this would mean any time a shop owners balance drops below "x" all their listings are wiped and that's neither user nor community friendly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 if instead of wiping them we just flag them as unable to buy instead. No limit information is given and it can be set arbitrarily by the powers that be on when that is triggered.

9. Volvith

Volvith Mediator

Ratings:
    +161
    I would agree, only simply being able to buy 1 of an item would, if i understand your addition, remove the flag, which i don't believe to be a particularly sufficient step forward.
    I do however think the flagging of these listings is better than outright removing them.

I'd say add a flag that pops up when an owner has either too little ECD in /bal in order to buy a stack of the item in question, or when they have less than 50k on hand.
    This mostly because of the volume of trade usually being in the tens of stacks, rather than the tens of items, and as such an owner being able to buy a single item being treated as one that can buy 1000 would solve approximately nothing, respectfully.

#9 Volvith, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  10. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I'm going to deny this simply because any features for shopdb are for @Kozz to decide to explore and implement.

I would suggest commenting on his thread here: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/thre...-suggestions-bug-reports-feedback-faq.205318/
    We had discussed balance information on shopdb in the past and I've been against setting thresholds that might indicate a users balance. I do like some of the alternatives I've seen discussed here and if Kozz intends to work on a feature for this I'll discuss it with him.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    The amount of queries and other non sense this would require behind the scenes lol.
    God no. Balances continuously change and are not stored in a database, thus this will never work the way you want it to.

This is simply not a proper solution for the described problem, other solutions will have to be discussed and suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.