Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Set up nstars -> spawner keys for server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matrix_rep, Jun 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koko_2022

koko_2022 ECC Chairman
    ECC Chairman EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +688
    +1 i bought spawnerkeys for a reason and i bought nstars to destroy the economy sorry not sorry
    but if its more than 20 maybe? i feel 20 is too low

#21 koko_2022, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  2. glotai

glotai President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +87

I don’t see the reason for this. If you want spawners/spawnerkeys there are plenty of people selling.

Why have a nether star price priced higher than what people are selling/buying for. A limited amount of players will buy (those with too much money and who doesn’t care).

This is only a ticking bomb for the spawner market to explode. Unnecessary access to spawnerkeys. There are already a good amount of spawnerkeys being generated each month. + it is not like spawnerkeys are hard to buy at this moment anyways. So why add an option to buy even more?

3. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    the option to buy even more isn't really directed at the spawner market. Instead its directed at the star market. This would simply be another outlet to allow nether stars to leave the economy, one other than star tools. People would have to pay a higher price via stars, as a server safety net and to discourage flooding the market with spawner keys unless they are prepared to lose alot of money in the process

#23 matrix_rep, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I do want to add that not everyone places their spawners every month. I never placed a single spawner since I bought monthly spawner keys, and I have too many (about a dchest on main and half an inventory on both mn and me). There are already a lot of spawners in circulation, even to the point where I’ve seen people literally handing them out for free.

I can see one of three negative outcomes if this gets suggested:

1.) Nobody buys any spawner keys because of the already high number of spawners/semi-public set up spawners, and this nstar sink doesn’t work.

2.) Nobody will ever buy the monthly spawner or single use spawner keys from buycraft because of the cheap spawner keys they can get from nstars (let’s be honest, getting 20 nstars is not hard or long; it’s about 2-3 hours of mining, and I believe less if you mob grind).

3.) Wouldn’t this kill the nstar market rather than improve it? iirc, all spawners spawn mobs that drop exp. Exp is pretty much used for generating nstars from the market (really, nobody saves exp for enchanting once they obtained a set of maxed tools or better). If spawner keys are purchasable with nstars (which in turn creates a near unlimited supply of EXP until the month is over), once they obtained enough exp for 20 nstars, they are essentially adding more stars to the economy, not taking them out.

Edit: remembered my third point

#24 Jdawger, Jun 6, 2020
  5. glotai

glotai President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +87

It may not be directed at the spawnermarket and more towards nether star market. But it will affect the spawner market at 20 nether stars per key or any "reasonable" price. We got tons of lazy people who doesnt care about the loss of money by not selling nether stars and buying keys directly if this were a thing.+ people returning from a grinding session who gets tons of exp per hour will go buy spawnerkeys instead if selling their nether stars to the closest shop. This might even make them able to get more exp per hour. So this will have a massive impact.

if you want to raise the nether star value start buying them all up... start buying them at current value and go slowly up. Sure this will not Take nether stars out of the economy, but you can control it and get the price you want.

Getting more people to farm spawners by increasing supply does generate a decent amount of nether stars through EXP anyways. Don’t think this is a viable solution to get rid of nether stars. It might even create more.

#25 glotai, Jun 6, 2020
  6. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    +1
    I’d love to see some way of getting spawner keys in game, though perhaps 20 nether stars is too few - perhaps 40 or even 50 would be better? As you’ve said, make it a last resort. At 40/50 per, people would be unlikely to sell for anything lower than 10k per spawner key, so this doesn’t take away from people who have bought keys themselves

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    In this case the only loss is the 5 minutes it would take to set up a kit and for a serveradmin to make a sign. It's really the same concept of the block shop, how many people are going to use nether stars to buy stone? Probably few, but it can be done and there's no real loss.

I believe that's why most people are advocating for a higher price. Regardless, if whatever price turned out to be too low, it would take about 30 seconds to change the price. All an SA would need to do is remake the sign.

You're the one who said spawners are already so cheap people are handing then out for free. You can't have your cake and eat it too, with this argument.

8. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    I vote 25 stars per spawner key. Frankly, if we played it right, those of us with spawner keys as a feat could get more money cause of this. Just saying. +1

9. dgam02

dgam02 ♫ Shitposting Ex-SA ♫
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,377
    +1 good nstar sink. Also buff melons btw

10. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    I mean, fair enough.

Again, fair enough. I agree and have seen people state that they want it to be higher than 20 nstars, but I stated that since the amount in the initial post hasn’t changed despite the sheer amount of people stating it should be higher. I personally think it should be 50 per key if this was implemented.

I was nearly exhausted when I wrote these points, especially the third one when I remembered, so I apologize if my argument wasn’t clear. Spawners are cheap because they are vast. As I mentioned in one of my points, many people have a monthly spawner kit (maybe multiple) and just hoard the spawners, especially if it is on a main server they don’t play as much. This third point was mostly directed towards a 20 star spawner key where you can easily make those stars up with a couple hours of work. Obviously, if the key required more stars, it would be less common for people to make up those spent stars, and there wouldn’t be more stars entering the market. My argument goes along the lines that you can easily make up those stars in either a few hours or a few days depending on the spawner you got (excluding the two absolutely shit spawners). If the mining world reset faster than a month, I see no issue, but because one could make up the loss in about 1/10 of the total mining duration, then there’s my issue I tried to explain.

Plus, the only people who would spend their stars are people who want to crash the spawner market (we had someone already announce they would), people who don’t have the monthly spawner feature (and thus slow down the amount of people who buy this from buycraft), or people who may or may not have the feature but actively work dozens of spawners for big cash (like Mr. Rep here).

TL;DR there are issues if this continues at the same price that is being suggested (20 stars). If it is at least 50, then I can see the issues be very minor.

I hope I explained this better Nicit, and I hope I interpreted your concerns/counter correctly.

11. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    -1 this will drastically reduce the amount of money that is spent on monthly spawner kits which will have a negative effect on the serves funding

12. The_Thiick_One

The_Thiick_One Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +26
    Bruh -1
    lets just buy xp instead of monthly spawners reeeeeee
    just means more people use spawners more xp back into the market and in turn more stars
    i understand we need to balance the market but this aint it coach

#32 The_Thiick_One, Jun 6, 2020
  13. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
    Make it like 50 NStars. Then its expensive but non-donators can still buy them.

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Denied based on thread discussions and opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.