Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Separate ranks and prestiges.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kkha, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkha

kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    In Game Name:
    kkha
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Separate ranks and prestiges.
    What are you suggesting:
    I'll suggest that if you rank up to t.ex. Mayor on the main server, it would not follow you to the other servers, this way you will need to rank up separate on each server.

You might ask why, and ill explain:

- It would solve some of the economical inflation problems we currently got.
    - Would be a nice way to get more money out from the economy.
    - Would make more players stick to one server, and rankup on that first.
    - Would make it more hardcore, which i do miss from when i joined, 4 months ago, ECC has become less hardcore.

I'll also mention that prestiges from VMR, and Skyblock would follow on all main servers, but prestiges done on each main server, would be only for that main server.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This is a good way to solve some problems about the economy, and also make the server "Hardcore Economy" as people saying it is, but its becomming less, and less hardcore.
    Other information:
    Would maybe be a pain to implement, but with this done, alot of the troubles would be solved.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816

Would be an absolute monumental project in my opinion, requiring backdating of pretty much every app since reset, as well as pretty much having to rebuild the entire permissions system.

How would current ranks be converted? Resident apps don't state where the ranking server is. Would these be grandfathered to all servers, or reset, or something else?

As for towns, what happens in the case of a user getting a town on one server in mayor rank, and then getting their president town on a different server. Would they be president on both? Or mayor on one server and president on another? Or even mayor on both servers?

As for ecolegend prestige not following on all servers, again, I can imagine this requiring a complete rework of the permissions regarding prestiges (with the current system not factoring in what prestige actually got, instead just being prestige1, prestige2 etc.). This would no doubt require going back over hundreds of apps.

All in all, from a purely technical aspect, I potentially cannot see this as even doable, instead just expanding on already a bloated permissions set used on ECC.

As for my personal view on the suggestion as a whole, I still -1 this. Why should users be locked into one server. Travel bags and forum bank exists to try and break down the walls between servers. Forcing people to play just one server sets back any work done to try and intergrate servers more.

#2 kenny0011, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 using myself as an example, I almost never leave the main server, so this would change nothing. If anything, this would divide the community more and make those few people who split servers need to make a choice on which one they want to make their personal main. ME will absolutely die as an economy, MN will most likely be filled with the new players and some of the vets and rich, and Main will be too packed. Plus, everyone would try to flock to main since that would be the money-making server.

You would also need to disable /tb since everyone would try to ferry their items to the economy that is actually thriving. This will most likely cause a district system between a rich server, middle class server, and poor server, and give those with the /tb feature a super advantage over featureless players

Also, as a result, this would probably further extend the gap between the Uber rich, the semi-rich, and the poor, which would be super not helpful right now

#3 Jdawger, Jan 10, 2021
  4. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    I don't like this idea.

The Main Network is supposed to function as a multi-server economy, which is why ranks/features carry over, why we offer cross-server support and do as much as we can to link the servers together, to allow players to maintain their monetary pursuits and nations on all the mains. I personally dislike the idea of being locked to one server simply because I have to grind _again_ on another server just to have the same rank/commodities.
    I also feel it would kill off whatever servers people don't wish to populate on. Who wants to live on a server that has no people playing, no economy. The lack of Travelbags and other cross-server implementations is actually one of the reasons MN didn't quite thrive for awhile there. Now that its easy to exist on both servers with all your stuff, its thriving. MainEast? We'll call that Main Networks farming server. lmao
    It still has its purpose as part of the network.

Now that the multiple mains are treated as a single economy and a single network you see a lot more flow between the servers from players, to items, to the economy in general and I think its a healthy thing.

#4 ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 10, 2021
  5. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    -1 for all of the reasons stated above. I don't want to have to pretty much start from scratch again on MN and ME just to get to the same place I am on M. It goes against the whole cohesion of the Main Network.

6. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 Practically impossible to implement

7. NessXXIII

NessXXIII Pushing the Envelope
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568

#7 NessXXIII, Jan 10, 2021
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    "Hardcore for thee, not for me" sayeth the sponsor.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We won't be doing this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1