Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    In Game Name:
    Videowiz92
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Search function for pv's and tb's
    What are you suggesting:
    Add a search function to player vaults and travel bags. Syntax would be /pv search <item> or /tb search <item>. It would return in chat what vault/bag number the item can be located in.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    As someone that has access to 91 travel bags and 273 player vaults, it can be easy to forget where a specific item is. Since previous suggestions to name player vaults has been denied, I figured I'd come up with another solution.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • List
  2. Lobstre President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +31
    +1. If this feature or something like it was implemented, I'd probably purchase more playervaults and move all my items from chests into them.

3. bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    ++++++++1 this is such a fucking good idea. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

4. Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +454
  5. Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Playervault suggestion was denied because we don't maintain a custom version so a new solution doesn't help.

Travelbag search by item seems neat I guess but honestly we are considering names for that and I think it's a much cleaner solution than this.

6. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,356
    +1 I can never remember where I put specific building items and have to go through all 21 of my vaults to find it

7. 12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    This is such a rich person problem. :confused:
    +1 anyways

8. SUBYT Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +298
    HELL YES PLEASE GIVE ME THIS!

9. theman12143 ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +167
    +1 because I lose valuable shit all the time

10. IceFireXD Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +45
    I support the idea, but I think it should be added as an additional feature. Something like "Player Vault Bonus"/"Travel Bag Bonus". It will probably require a custom plugin, particularly for TBs given that they're a custom plugin already, so I'm not sure how likely this is to be approved. That said, more things to spend money on isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As for why it should be separate, not everyone needs it, or would find value in it. Those that would find value in it likely wouldn't mind paying $50 or so for it considering how much they've already paid to have enough vaults/bags to need the function.

+1

#10 IceFireXD, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  11. LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I'm assuming that this will need to be the simple linear search algorithm since if you cant do the faster binary search... or the majority of other kinds of searching since they need the array to be sorted first; and sorting anything will take a chunk of that oh-so-precious computation power which i highly doubt andrew would be willing to give out.
    I'm also assuming the ordinary minecraft inventory is displayed as an array and all calculations are done by the server.

Now, if we were to use a linear search, it would take hella long. Worst case scenario with our Mr.Video up there with 273 pv's or 943488 slots to check. Then thats just 1 person, you gotta account for the hundred other people playing the server who might be running the command multiple times per minute.

If this idea were to be implemented properly, the searching should display all locations of the given item (since you can have an item in many different pv's) so it should have to run through every one of those slots to make sure that all the matches are found.

tldr, too much to ask for

I highly doubt that this would be something that andrew would want to look into... but ofc I have no idea how minecraft works and have never taken a look into it lol, there might be an easier way if the ability exists.

12. Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,113
    This would require loading every bag on every search. A terrible idea performance wise.
    PV names / TB names are currently being examined and is a far better solution.
    A PV/TB search is not the way to go about this. The way PV/TB's are stored is very complex, it is not a list of items. :p

• Informative x 1
    • List
    #12 andrewkm, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.