Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Scavenger Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Johndomx, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +60
    In Game Name:
    Johndom
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Scavenger Feature
    What are you suggesting:
    This new feature would allow players to pick up dropped items from a slight increased distance away.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I am not sure if there is such a thing but if possible, this would be beneficial to players as it could help pick up items that have been missed. Some blocks when mining or farming would allow them to be picked up from a slightly increased distance to prevent the chance of it being de-spawned if overlooked by the player.

It could also be possible to increase the feature to scavenger + etc if the ability was brought into other worlds, such as mining world.

This also would be a benefit as its a new feature that could benefit the support towards ECC as I'm sure players would be interested in it.
    Other information:
    I would assume, more than likely require some coding which I totally understand if it is not possible.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I believe some feature with this regard might be available such as on bukkit, however I am uncertain how this server operates with its plugins/features, therefore I believe this could also be a custom addition.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    Probably hard to do and we dont need more features so -1

#2 jwpwns, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 it could be me, but I don't see the need for this on this specific server

4. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I believe you're more so meaning a sort of "Magnet" effect, and while I do love this for my singleplayer worlds to have this effect equipped, I don't want to see this on ECC for a few reasons.

-1 from me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 95% sure this would create a dupe or an extremely powerful autofarm. You know what I’m talking about john ;)

#5 OConner1279, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  6. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    I don't know how picking up items from further away would create a dupe, if this was the case, then to me, you can already dupe but with the same shorter distance, its only the distance increased slightly to pick up items on the ground.

I have no doubt there will be players attempting this autofarm thing already, so it wouldn't make much difference but them risking being banned as well as loosing out on a paid feature.

As to features, there are many, so one more wouldn't hurt as I have absolute confidence that more will appear in the future.

Thank you for the input though and I respect the feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    +1 & -1

On the one hand i can see the appeal of a feature like this, and personally i would almost instantly buy it, since it would be more than a little useful in for instance eff7 mining. Not going to lie, i've thought of this exact feature a couple of times before...

... However, the implementation of it would likely be a headache to say the least, and i don't feel comfortable giving my support to something like this without knowing the full potential implications of it. I doubt that it would suddenly create a major dupe that wouldn't already be available, like you already said, but still...

If there is a relatively easy way to implement it, and it wouldn't create major problems for the server, absolutely +1.
    Otherwise, -1.

8. Volvith

Volvith Mediator
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +161
    Would you care to elaborate on the reasons?
    Gotta be honest, i'm kind of curious now. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I mean, for starters it basically makes ECC Melon Swords act like Magic Melon Swords, assuming this distance can contain the drops. It's a great thing, and although I'd love it seeing as I have an ECC Msword but not a Magic Msword, it's not really feasible unless something changed.

10. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    I don't suppose you can you explain more in detail how it changes Ecc swords to magic ? I'm still confused as to how that would occur.

My point is to increase the distance of which items already on the floor are picked up, preventing despawn, example :

An item 2 blocks away can be picked up, with this feature ( unless it is added as an mcmmo skill addition such as Herbalism), it would increase the range from 2 to 3 blocks distance of drops already on the ground that the player picks up.

Curious to know how that would turn tools into magic, if its the player feature/addition that is enhancing the ability, not the tool to pick up already dropped items on the floor.

11. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    The magic melonsword automatically puts melons in your inventory. The primary problem with the ECC melonsword is that if you go full speed, you will pick up virtually no melons and they will land on the ground and despawn, as you are going too fast for them to end up in your inventory. As a result you either have to stutter while farming (starting + stopping, repeat) or just farm at a slow speed. The main allure of the magic msword is the fact that it automatically puts items in your inventory, so this feature would nullify that, assuming that the feature extends to a reasonable distance.

• List
  12. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +29
    I' not sure it should be necessarily something that is a paid feature, or for all pickups - I'll leave that up to the owners to decide, but I would however like to see a pickup or magnetism range increased for crops on a magic hoe. Maybe a white list for certain crops like done for the player placed ores with the magic pick? As it is right now when you harvest crops, a fair amount will get thrown 1-2 blocks out of range of the pickup range behind you causing a bit of back tracking.

13. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    Don't currently own a magic sword, but this sounds like a good feature/solution for the magic hoe to get around this pickup range issue (putting crops in inventory automatically)?

14. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    From what I hear, it already makes far too much money for another buff to really be within reason.

15. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    I understand it would place them in your inventory, but so does fishing and any other method of gathering resources, dependent if you are close enough to picking them up, so the sword's feature in my opinion is already null by default since items are placed in your inventory if you're within the radius of picking them up, this would just seem to be easier to the player with the melon sword however it happens with other methods anyways.

This would just improve pickup chance by a block or two so the player doesn't have to double back in case any items are left behind, which can be caused by various methods, (such as going too fast with /speed)

16. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    No. You seem to not understand. Fishing doesn't place them in your inventory in the same way. Imagine you were fishing while moving - the fish would land behind you, right? Now imagine that you right click and the fish suddenly appears in your inventory, without flying through the air or anything.

What magic melon swords do is it places the block literally in your inventory - no entities drop on the ground, period, as I understand it. Magic melon swords exist so that people don't "have to double back in case any items are left behind" - that is its entire allure, and its entire value. This feature would eliminate that value to a significant extent if implemented.
    The most popular server in Minecraft, not saying its name, has a Skyblock mode where there is a custom enchantment known as "telekinesis" - as far as I am aware, ours is essentially the same thing. Feel free to google it. Go to YouTube and type "skyblock telekinesis" and watch the first video.

I am fully aware of your intentions with the feature. It's something people have wanted for a very long time. You don't seem to be understanding what I am saying, however.

17. Commander_HK47

Ratings:
    +29
    I agree while it would be nice, for instant placement into your inventory would likely be to big of a buff. Thats why i was thinking of the magnetism or a range increase for normal pickup being a possible solution to pick up the stuff that some times gets yeeted. They could tie it to herbalism skill for crops or something like +1 blocks for every 500 skill levels (+2 at cap of 1k).

18. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    I wouldn't mind it being tied to an McMMO skill too much. Still, it seems overpowered, and I'm not aware that tying it to an McMMO skill is even possible.

19. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    My point is if you are within the distance of the item you are mining, farming, fishing etc it will be placed in your inventory, if you are within the radius of picking it up. I understand it is put directly into your inventory, but so is everything else if you are within radius of it, which is why I don't understand the significance of the melon sword since I can pretty much do the same thing with everything else if within the radius of obtaining it.

This may be so with this melon sword, but I would imagine having more versatile use of this if it was a feature or even addition like mcmmo would be more benefit than a sword that has almost no extensive value since personally I don't see many people farm melons nowadays anyways, it is not the greatest way to obtain currency unless you're a new player.

I feel it would be better for it to be more inclusive to other methods rather than something that is isn't used so much by progressive or even casual players.

20. 12345shane

Ratings:
    +2,132
    You'd understand the difference if you ever used one. It's not as simple as "oh it gets dropped into your inventory instead of picked up". You don't understand how many melons are lost to farming at speed 10 if it is not magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.