Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Revamp the market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Speed42jh, Sep 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +211
    In Game Name:
    Speed42jh
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Revamp the market
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that in addition to having the 10 main stations in the /market, make the little shacks that are already build available to rent. I think that if those little shops were allowed to be rented out then the market would be used more and there would be another goal for new players to work towards. New players when joining an economy server immediately want to buy and sell and make money however it’s difficult to do that until you have made 100k and have placed your town. Instead of having a hefty grind to look forward to when joining the server, make it a little bit easier and more appealing to grind and allow builders to be able to sell items at the /market.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Because it would give another thing for new players to grind for. Last night if I’m not mistaken Andrew said that there were going to be changes coming to the market soon and I think rolling this out would make a change in the player market.
    Other information:
    N/a
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Existing
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  2. LimeLush

LimeLush How is he still staff?
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +446
    +1, but I don't know what kind of feasible or tangible system could be put in place for this. Only downside I see.

3. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    +1 for the idea as a whole, but -1 as implementation as suggested would be horrid.

The current system of the monthly rentals is 0/10 in itself and adding tiny shacks, even if only a few, just sounds gross to me personally.

Plus there's the part where most items can already be sold to those market shops. I'm sure at least 70% of all minecraft items can be bought or sold there between all 10 of the stations as most of the players who set up those shops have large amounts of items to sell. Renting out random shacks to players (most likely) without the ability to gather items in mass is just going to make those shacks dead use very quickly.

#3 FwgKing, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  4. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $5,000,050
    Ratings:
    +495
    +1 I agree. They should be a lot cheaper so players with less money can afford to rent them out and get sales

5. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President

Ratings:
    +211
    Maybe a system that allows new players to rent the space daily where they can place down chestshops and allow them to sell what they want and advertise that they’re selling at /market

6. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President

Ratings:
    +211
    Adding on to the suggestion, this is literally what they were designed for and why they’re there right now. Back when I was on staff this was one of the major changes that was going to come to the market and I don’t see why it didn’t. It was a good idea and didn’t take much extra work to maintain. It allows the new players to work for another thing upon joining the server for the first time. I don’t understand why we would have them there if they’re just going to be decoration.

7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    I've got an idea I'm working on for the small shacks at the market along with the other changes coming to the market.

Marking in-progress.

8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    Now live at the market is an opportunity for new players to sell things right off the bat.

The red and blue tent shops are now set up to allow only residents and builders to make shops within them. This is an FFA area with no rental periods. They are limited to 4 shops per user and the GameAdmin team will review these areas in their weekly market checks to ensure rules are followed!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.