Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Rename survivor and voyager "ranks"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kenny0011, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    In Game Name:
    kenny0011
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Rename survivor and voyager "ranks"
    What are you suggesting:
    Renaming the current nether and end "ranks" to simply "nether access" and "end access"
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Calling nether / end ranks "ranks" is somewhat confusing, particularily to new builders, who apply for these things, expecting to have the survivor / voyager next to their name. I also see newer users get worried that these ranks will cover up their current rank (such as mayor), which they would like to keep.

As such, I'm suggesting just go away with calling them ranks, and call the app simply nether access, and end access. Further nether / end rank apps (such as warrior and voidwalker) can be renamed "Nether Access+" and "End Access+" respectively.
    Other information:
    Internally, the permissions groups don't have to be changed. Realistically only people who would veiw these survivor / voyager names would be sad nerdy game admins, and commands related to promotions could remain the same.

Publically however in documentation both ingame and on website / wiki, changes to just "nether access" or "end access". Help files are already somewhat set up, with /help nether and /help end being much more obvious names for how to access these worlds, than the rank name itself.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Apps, wiki, ingame help files.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    +1 All I see is new players getting confused why "their rank isn't showing". It makes more sense to tell people to buy "access to the nether" rather than "buy a rank that gives you access to the nether".

I also agree with the "+" parts, this fits in with all the tiers of donation features that we have as well, it's apparent that it's an add-on to what you already have rather than another "rank", this also takes away the guessing game of which "rank" goes with each world access.

And as you said, permissions don't even need to be touched and the guidelines can still tell GA's to use /promote survivor etc if it's too much trouble changing the commands.

#2 blazwura97, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    +0 I am biased against because I love the current names, but I also agree. Maybe drop the word "rank" and just add the world's name before the title, like "Nether Warrior," "Nether Terminator," "End Voyager" etc.

Or better yet, call them upgrades, so for example, "Nether Warrior Upgrade" or "End Voyager Upgrade"

#3 Jdawger, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I get the point but I don't think "end access+" or "nether access+" is really less confusing.

It may be different now anyway but when I was on staff, most new players weren't confused about it being a rank that wasn't visible. (Sure, the odd player here or there, I'll give you that. It wasn't much of an issue).

Vastly more players were confused about being told that they would need to buy a rank in the first place, thinking instead that it meant they'd need to spend real USD (rather than in-game currency). Honestly, making the perk names sound like feature names could compound that.

5. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Recently there has been dozens of users asking how will they know when there rank will be applied to there account in game... Them also saying when will it be done even though it had already been processed when they were offline.

So I think it would definitely help renaming the ranks to not actually sound like it will physically change your rank
    The best way to do this would be to make them 'blah access' and maybe explain in the app

+1

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    If that's what we're mostly seeing, I feel like this solution doesn't get into the root issue. Whether we call it a "rank" or an "upgrade", the question of "how do I know it's been done" will still get asked. Perhaps managing expectations with these verbiage changes will help, although perhaps what we really need is some actual confirmation that it's been done.

Maybe it would be best to add into the promotion/application system an automated mail saying "Your application for [whatever] has been completed, you were billed [amount] on [server]."

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I really don't see a need to revamp something this minor right now with everything else I have going on.
    If someone's confused they can simply ask for clarification.

#7 andrewkm, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.