Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Reduce cost of archive world edit app

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 7amoodw, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    In Game Name:
    7amoodw
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Reduce cost of archive world edit app
    What are you suggesting:
    Reduce the amount of ECD required to move over large towns from archive, promoting the preservation of large builds made by users.

This is suggested by keeping the rate at 5k/Y level for towns, however reducing the rate for larger builds - a proposed system of ecd/level would be
    5k - 50-99 levels
    4k - 100-149 levels
    3k - 150+ levels

With restrictions on what can be transferred (especially banning farms) I don’t see why promoting the transfer of large towns (specifically those with many Y levels) can be a problem.

Another idea I had was to also promote the movement of builds that have a lot of blocks in them (for example any of @Videowiz92 ‘s epic builds that might not necessarily have a lot of Y levels but still are huge builds). However I do not have a current rate plan based on number of blocks
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It preserves the large builds made by users over the years without requiring a large cost based on each Y level
    Other information:
    None
    Plugin or custom addition:
    None
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    I agree with this somehwat i cant currently afford to transfer my town its to much has lot of sky scrapers and low value blocks so it would cost me 1m not worth so +1

#2 jwpwns, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Honestly, I would be on board if it was lowered to 3k per Y level, which was the initial planned price, but I wouldn’t be against lowering everything to 4K per.

But I agree it is very pricey. I know to even continue my project it will be at least 4mil ECD just from transfers alone (which kind of burns me out and is why I’m really not that active on ECC these days), so +1 to reduce costs

#3 Jdawger, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I think for now perhaps a discount should be offered while administration is still working on actively balancing the new economy.

I don't think a whole new price should be committed to yet, though.

5. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    I’m all on board with offering discounts, but I don’t think the price of transferring over old builds would have a significant impact on the new economy due to current restrictions on what can be transferred

6. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,628
    I rlly hope this gets accepted lol its just to much for some towns with big y levels and low value blocks I am trying to get my town from the orig archive but its just not worth it with the current setup i want to run a town again but this is holding me up. No way i am starting from scratch i tried that last time never finished lmao.

#6 jwpwns, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  7. zjkhan

zjkhan Arridian Emperor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $917,943
    Ratings:
    +654
    +1, I think the biggest problem with resetting this often is the loss of truly iconic builds, especially from spawn. You end up getting a dead looking server with a bunch of non-impressive builds which could at least be partially rectified by easing the cost of large archive builds

8. Nicklepot18

Nicklepot18 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +41
    +1 I agree 100%. Because the current state of the economy is what it is, a cost reduction for this application seems necessary.

9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    To add on another quick point to possibly reduce the costs, I think it was so expensive because they are essentially generating blocks into a new economy, but tbh at least 250k for each town can seem steep for locations that don’t even have nearly that much in value in blocks placed.

Using my Canterlot project as an example again, half of it is dirt/grass hills, so basically I will be spending at least 1.5mil to transport literal dirt and grass blocks into the new economy/world

10. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    I’m discouraged from playing again because of the massive time commitment to just get ancient Epicure transferred. I’m looking at 7 towns at approximately building height, prohibitively expensive in labor to just rebuild.

#10 _Mendiboi, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  11. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    There are some truly iconic builds that should be transferred from legacy. I’ll add one or my old screenshots from epicure to make the point.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. _Mendiboi

_Mendiboi President

EcoDollars:
    $36,278
    Ratings:
    +451
    The actual player economy, player between player trading, has always been tied to the large scale building projects of a few elite players. I remember when Epicure provided almost all the demand for quartz, sea lanterns, and gold blocks. We would start purchasing materials months in advance of planned expansion.

I sincerely hope that ECC once again becomes attractive for large scale projects. It’s the unique attractor to the server, in my opinion. The economy creates value to what would otherwise be purely creative expression.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @ClarinetPhoenix will make a decision on this since she does these.
    @ClarinetPhoenix I don't approve anything below 3.5k per Y level, and there won't be any confusing scaling system. If any of the forms need to be changed, please let me know through our channels.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    I have reduced the price of the y-levels to 3.5k per y-level for the time being
    However keep in mind this price is meant to be temporary, it likely will change in the future. If you want this rate I suggest transferring your towns over sooner rather than later.

I also have made a change to the app that now allows you to request your selection to be rotated. For example; if your build faces east on the Archive but you want it to face north on Main, you may now specify this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.