Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LimeLush Events Man
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +469
    In Game Name:
    LimeLush
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Quest Point Shop Adjustments
    What are you suggesting:
    Consider reducing the values of some quest point shop items OR increasing the quest point values from some quests. Example: Reduce Event Prestige to 50k points, or look at quests whose point rewards were previously reduced and increase their point reward by ~33-50%.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Incentivize more players to work on quests for the purpose of earning harder to get items.
    Other information:
    The ability for a couple of very dedicated players that are far above the average grinding player should not dictate the feasibility for an average player to complete a prestige in a reasonable time frame (couple of months).
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Config
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • List
  2. eduardo1998 EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +43
    +1 In my case, I totally forgot about quests after the price increase. It became a really far away goal, since the amount of work required to get nice things its wayyyy to much.

3. 314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    SuperMod EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,900,000
    Ratings:
    +4,911
    (...sorry.)

4. LimeLush Events Man
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +469
    Youre fine haha I am glad you got the prestige through it. :)

5. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    +1 I went ham doing quests when it was first introduced, then there was a lot of adjustments that made it not worth all that grinding

6. cike25 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +36
    +1
    I bet there are some quests that no one has completed because they are complicated and take way too long for the reward. Would love to see quests become more balanced.

7. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    Something else I want to chime in on is remove the spawn eggs from quests (except the actual spawn egg quest of course). Nobody is going to do those quests, especially if the reward is only like 30 points (when quests that don’t require a rare collectible are the same point value)

#7 Jdawger, Jun 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024
  8. Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC

Ratings:
    +3,353
    I am circling back to this suggestion as I attempted a few more quests throughout the day today. When crunching both costs and grinding time for every single quest (with having pretty much every feature and magic tool at my disposal), pretty much every single quest is unappealing with their current point values. There was one or two that was ok, but the grind was way too much (and if I didn't have all my commands, it would be brutal).

Pretty much every quest boiled down to be either:

- A Lored item, boosted item collectibles, or just rare items quest
    - A Decent quest with a fair point value, but had a spawn egg in that was an automatic no-go
    - A higher-pointed (usually 75 point) quest that is decent until you get to one specific item that takes at least 3x the amount of grinding for that one item compared to the rest of the items (and/or is valued higher in the player market to forego grinding)
    - A Mid-pointed quest that had a lot of different items & item components for crafting, thus required a lot of different grinding methods that made the point/grind ratio very unappealing (that is not to mention placing all of said different items in the shulkers)
    - A Lower-pointed quest that require a full shulker of one item (that is unappealing since it requires a lot of full-inventory grinding for very little return)
    - A good grinding quest that is valued at only 5-10 points
    - An Ore quest that are either very brutal or barely decent depending on the ore & how many are required

In short, the points do not make pretty much every quests' collection journey worth it, especially with how many points are required for the prizes. We really need to re-evaluate the points, the items needed for the quests, and/or the price for prizes to make this a more appealing grind (especially since grinding for these items yields no ECD as a secondary reason for the grind)

#8 Jdawger, Jul 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
  9. ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,458
    I won't be lowering the Quest Point Shop values tbh. But I did just make a bunch of adjustments to Quests based on the comments on this suggestion.

Enjoy!

• Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.